Fuel fitting

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

seagull101

Fuel fitting

Post by seagull101 »

I'm after the fuel fitting that goes underneath an ewarts fuel tap. Need this for my 418 carb.
I have plenty of rubber pipe and the banjo fitting but just need the part on the other end of the pipe.

Cheers, Jacob
Keith.P

Re: Fuel fitting

Post by Keith.P »

You just need an old fuel pipe and pull the end off one.
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Yeah i do have a few but its a shame to destroy a good hose, annoyingly i threw away a snapped one last week!
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I threw away a snapped one last week!
Normally if you keep something, you will never need it, until the day after you throw it away, its called sods law.
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

HI Jacob,

what you need is a petrol tap as fitted to the later plastic tanks, where the top 3/4 is like a standard Seagull tap, but instead of a threaded bottom end, it just has a pipe spigot over which the pipe pushes. Some illustrations show a plastic 'laboratory' clamp to nip the pipe onto the spigot, but normally a metal pinch clip (can't remember the proper name) is a more permanent fix.

John should be able to help you wit the correct tap, and I know he has the pinch clips I mention, but if not let me know, and I should be be able to find one.

Rick
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Trouble with that is that if i use an 'o' clip then i would have to drain all the fuel just to change the fuel pipe or even clean it out.

What i might do is take the top part of a century water pipe then just push the rubber pipe over that.
I would still have to find the correct nut though as a water pipe one is a 5/16 head but a fuel pipe one is a 1/4 head.

Jacob
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

would you need to disconnect the pipe that often? The other thing you could do is to use a petrol pipe clip (like a much lighter version of a jubilee clip, and just loosen it and pull the pipe off as necessary.