yamaha leg adapter plate

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Jammin Joe

yamaha leg adapter plate

Post by Jammin Joe »

After reading articles , and seeing pics of seagulls with yamaha lower units , I've found myself with a desire to see if i could build one . So question is does anyone have an adaptor plate that they would like to sell ? if so PM me .
Charles uk

Re: yamaha leg adapter plate

Post by Charles uk »

Joe I could help with a new, boxed, 5R crankcase, as I have a couple spare.

Your not looking at an easy job here, do you have access to an engineering workshop?

Could you post up the stuff you've read.

Charles
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Jammin Joe

Post by Jammin Joe »

Hi Charles sorry not on Skype, just was looking for a project to do no rush , just some thing to keep busy , i have 2 older 170 motors , restored 1 , other a little more beat up with damaged lower unit . Saw a good bit of pics with seagulls with new lower units , finally joined forum and started asking question . Didn't know what type of lower unit it was until posted question , now its caught my attention and would like to give it a try . I have a friend who is a marine mechanic and has offered to help with project , he is on the look for a 4hp yamaha now , and has access to a machine shop .

Thanks for response , you knowledge is a great help to me and others on this forum .
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Just download Skype it's free.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.