Coolie hat flywheel

Post your wanted adds here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Oyster 49

Coolie hat flywheel

Post by Oyster 49 »

I'm on the look out for a coolie hat flywheel, if anybody has one spare? Cash waiting.
tambikerboy

Re: Coolie hat flywheel

Post by tambikerboy »

Try ebay as of 24/10/2016 rustirelics
I,LL NEVER SMOKE WEED WITH WILLIE AGAIN. ......the party's all over before it begun. ...
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Relisted as he wants all its money and more for them, already asked the question and numbers first time around, he said he had a lots of interest on them and he still didn't sell, I have no interest in the wspcl anyway.
Now it will sell.
tambikerboy

Post by tambikerboy »

I would of thought that £69.99 was not bad for 2 x gulls more so when one has a collie hat Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112178403678. .....
I,LL NEVER SMOKE WEED WITH WILLIE AGAIN. ......the party's all over before it begun. ...
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

But it not two gulls, one wspcl gull and an SD with parts most of it missing.
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Its an SD with an early nippled barge pusher box fitted..However it is in Spalding!
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

The 4:1 box with the machined clutch slot & a 3 bladed cloverleaf barge pusher prop is all from an HSD!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Are you absolutely sure on that Chas.

I've asked the question too.
And the reply i got from him was it's an SD 9000 number (of sorts) Anyway, i thought just about all the bargepusher 102 variants were supposed to be longshaft. Or is that something else i'm still missing in my data sheets?

However, still some salvageable bits left on it, even if it is what's left of an HSD.

Jon
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

It's a SD engine with a standard shaft, and a barge pusher gearbox. I very much doubt it left the original build location in that spec..no way we can glean much from an engine with no history known. How do you know it is the remains of a HSD? The serial number does not confirm. That gearbox is quite possibly from a a late. 1940s engine, grafted on at a later date!

We are still waiting for the 102 data to be published...Jeremy has made a great job of meticulously recording the little 40 series, and published it as he gathered, and it has been very informative. When are we going to see yours?
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

This side of christmas hopefully

but dont expect it to be anything like as good as Jeremy's as it's still full of gaps.
I do what i can with it, but it aint pretty or complete yet.

Jon
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Why would you think it was a late 40's lower unit Oyster?
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Nipples..
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

They had nipples from 1931!
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Indeed, but they stopped somewhere around the late 1940s. Our 102 historian will be able to tell us when. This gearbox is pre that point..
headdownarseup

Post by headdownarseup »

Quite a tricky question to answer with any clarity as the earlier bargepusher 102's in all of its variants is quite an elusive beast so far.

BUT if my AHC is anything to go by it's a late 40's "bargie" with 2 nipples in the casing BUT sub-ejector pumphousing, which i'm confident falls nicely within other motor's specs of the time. Going by other pre-1949 102's, most of them seem to have the SD type of pump housing. I cant imagine the "bargies" being any different to this.

I've only heard rumors of 2 HSD's that might possibly exist out there somewhere, but as yet no data.

2 years ago i came across a fairly early AHC on ebay and i still to this day kick myself in the arse for not buying it. It could have helped to answer a few things.

Jon

ps I really am working on getting the data published quite soon. Honest .It takes a bit of time that's all.