John's 2018 Sailing Trip!!!

John sailed off on the 19th May to try and sail round England, Wales and part of Scotland. did half of it back in july.

You can read the log here:- http://www.eventides.org.uk/FG%20sailin ... 202013.htm

A big thankyou to all who contacted me on my trip with good wishes, seems I have made a lot of friends out there! I will finish it off another time!

John
SOS

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

John@sos

John's 2018 Sailing Trip!!!

Postby John@sos » Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Hello All.

On May 31st I close for the summer.

I am off sailing!

I got halfway round the UK 5 years back and was to complete the circumnavigation the next year.

Then along came the travellers so I had to be here protecting our home for 2 years. Then along came kidney barnacles! 5 years later I am off to finish the trip, hopefully!

'Fiddling Around' as I call it!

Fiddler's Green will be sailing south on June 17th, first stop hopefully Ramsgate, then west along the south coast, via all sorts of harbours and creeks to the Scillies. Thence north across the Celtic Sea to Eire!!

Hope to follow the coast of Ireland north till I cross the top of the Irish Sea to Scotland. Thence to Troon to complete the circle.
Depending on when I arrive there I could piggyback on an artic and come straight home, or cruise the Clyde and its islands for a week or two.

I hope to be back in my home waters in Essex by late August.

Jackie at British Seagull has agreed to look after you all in my absence, but I will still be available sometimes on the mobile 07850 286607 to answer her and your, technical queries.

Link on home page to British Seagull!

You can follow my progress, or lack of it, via the link to 'Fiddling Around' on the home page of SOS

Thanks to all of you who realised I was going and got in early with the orders, hope I have helped as many out as possible.

SOS will be back up and runing again in late August!

Have a great summer, I hope to!

John
SOS

Silver Surfer

Re: John's 2018 Sailing Trip!!!

Postby Silver Surfer » Wed May 30, 2018 7:53 pm

The very best of luck with it this time, John. I'll be looking forward to regular updates. 8)

seagull101

Postby seagull101 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Good luck John, Hope it all goes well ans the weather is good. Bit too warm though here.

Jacob

John@sos

Postby John@sos » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:11 pm

21st August 2018 and I am back at base..

Took 55 days sailing and another few waiting for a ride home on the lorry but the round trip is done, nearly 1700 miles!
Now back to reality and Seagull spares!
john
SOS

Return to “John's 2013 sailing trip”