Computer gremlin?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

rosbullterier

Computer gremlin?

Post by rosbullterier »

I would be the last to question this illustrious Forum (without its help I would not be able to spend every waking moment thinking about small smelly motors)

Several times recently I have been eventually able to get through. Does the site not like my computer - it connects to everything else straight away. Earlier today I got nothing but the blank white page each time.

I composed a reply to some kind 'Help' advice twice - both were lost in the ether.

Tonight after several attempts I connected and tried a reply to a Help message, was then connected to the logging on again, connected to the Forum home page and I shall be unhappy if this little message is lost!

I'll press submit now, that lost it several times earlier . . .
Vic

Post by Vic »

The SOS website and the forum are ususally slow for me but apart from that no probs although today I found i had been logged out. At least until I tried to post this and ended up with ablank white page. Then at a second attempt got a message to say i could not make another post so soon
mrdraddy

Post by mrdraddy »

Glad its not just me thats having problems with the site!
I to seem to be having real trounle connecting ,its not just my pc as its the same if i try to have sneaky look at work,any one any ideas?
regards paul
trw999

Post by trw999 »

Yep. Too much smoke! :lol:
John@sos

smoke!

Post by John@sos »

Had a smoke signal today to say some were having problems... 10:1 is useful sometimes!

I will contact the webmaster in Oz and have him have a look. We might need to update the forum to the next level. Seems we may be working it too hard...

the site is slow on some pages I know, due to the number of pics.. I am going through and thumbnailing some to speed it up... too much information, but do not want to lose any!

Regards,
John
SOS
40TPI
Location: North Buckinghamshire, 110 miles south of Yorkshire, England.

Post by 40TPI »

And the Help section has the last post listed as Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am!!!

Weird........

Peter
webmaster (BM)

Post by webmaster (BM) »

Not sure what is going on - :?

I also could not get onto the forum for a few days but it seems to be working again now.

I suspect that it might be a problem with our hosting provider. Possibly with the MYSQL Server that hosts all the content for the forum.

will have to keep an eye on it.
John@sos

Slow posts

Post by John@sos »

Hello all, Glad to see Tim the Webmaster has also had a look.

Today seems to be working fine for me, but then I have not had many troubles ever...

Will keep an eye on it... Having said that, I am swanning of for a week on my boat, so will see what it is doing on my return in June.

Regards,
John
SOS