tiller extension

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

bruce nickerson

tiller extension

Post by bruce nickerson »

Any suggestions for a tiller extension that will let me sit more away from stern to balance boat?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Stick a bit of wood (3/4" dowel fits nicely) into the existing tiller!

I have seen an idea published where something similar had a fork that would engage with the throttle control, but that would have to be positioned on the end of the tiller for that to work.. It may not have been for a Seagull.
timberman2004

tiller extension

Post by timberman2004 »

yup ...have to agree

I sacrificed a broom handle (much to the disgruntlement of HID ) turned the end down with the power file

not big, not clever...but it works
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
trw999

Post by trw999 »

I still have two British Seagull tiller extensions, bought new with my Minus in 1967.

They are simple affairs, but effective, much as you would expect. One is some three feet long, the other half that length. They are black plastic tubing, quite thick and sufficient to be stuck snugly into the engine's hollow handle. There is a screw stop, which only allows the extension to be pushed in about 5 inches. At the other end there is a small black plastic handle, very similar to that found on my first bicycle! They work.

Tim
goldote

Post by goldote »

A 1/2" piece of EMT fits tightly inside my FPL tiller.
Propwash

Post by Propwash »

I used an extendable paint roller extension from B&Q, Works quite well when under way but throttle is still in original position
Propwash