Photos: Cutaway and a couple 102s

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

andrew
Site Admin

Photos: Cutaway and a couple 102s

Post by andrew »

Stopped by for my first visit to the transport museum in Bermuda today. A fantastic place to browse and I'll be sure to go back again when I have more time (and less kids with me).

A couple seagulls on the rack:
rack1.jpg

and a cutaway century, unsure of model/year, has a Villiers carb. No serial number and mounted on a BS stand. The cutaway looked very well done, though with signs of age/'use'.

cutaway1.jpg
cutaway2.jpg
cutaway3.jpg
cutaway4.jpg
Stinch

Re: Photos: Cutaway and a couple 102s

Post by Stinch »

Looks like an interesting museum. Hope to visit Bermuda in the next few years and will have to make a point of stopping by. Are old Seagulls still found around Bermuda?
Forty Minus - SJM 50761
Forty Plus - FPL 1890 E9
Century 100 - LLS 624 A5
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Search for "racing seagulls" or "seagull racing".

Where is that located Andrew?

That cutaway in on a real Seagull stand.

If your going to visit them Stinch, go at race time, it's a good day out with a very friendly bunch all with a common interest & rumours of the islanders still eating human flesh are unproven!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Stinch

Post by Stinch »

Charles uk wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:31 am Search for "racing seagulls" or "seagull racing".

Where is that located Andrew?

That cutaway in on a real Seagull stand.

If your going to visit them Stinch, go at race time, it's a good day out with a very friendly bunch all with a common interest & rumours of the islanders still eating human flesh are unproven!
Haha, I can rest easy now knowing it's just unfounded rumors. Nice to see the British Seagull outboards so well represented there. Best I can tell from an internet search, this is the Bermuda Transport Museum. I'll bet I could spent all day there although my wife may disagree.
Forty Minus - SJM 50761
Forty Plus - FPL 1890 E9
Century 100 - LLS 624 A5
andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew »

It’s just inside the gates of Dockyard. In a perfect building for the collection. Mostly old 50-150cc bikes, must be hundreds in there of all ages, and apparently the primary collector has plenty more in storage!