FV18785

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

andrew
Site Admin

FV18785

Post by andrew »

A candidate for my next project. Everyone loves photos!

Had this a couple years but never checked it out until today. Spins freely, and most things that are supposed to move do. Coil has gone the way they are all going, no readings on the meter. It does have an orange spark, first time I've noticed that.

Would love to get forum feedback on this one for anything missing/unoriginal. Tiller looks extended, and tiller mount also not something I've seen before. If everything is there I'll start the hunt for a new/substitute coil, if not I may leave it a few more years :)

IMG-1918.jpg
IMG-1919.jpg
IMG-1920.jpg
IMG-1921.jpg
IMG-1922.jpg
IMG-1923.jpg
IMG-1924.jpg
IMG-1926.jpg
IMG-1927.jpg
Collector Inspector

Re: FV18785

Post by Collector Inspector »

Hi Andrew

Looks like "FV Season" on SOS forum aye?

I am not really that able to nitpick on these later FVs as to how they should be exactly.

Gearbox cap is upside down (no biggy there), the transom clamp entire assy looks to be correct. (next gen from earlier years)

The tiller bracket was the next generation FV/P from earlier years. I think there were two styles as to the shape of the actual bracket...others may chip in I am sure on that.

Looks like a fun project Andrew.

Keep us informed along the way.

Regards

BnC

Bruce and Cello
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

Tiller mount bracket looks correct for a later FV, it replaced the cast in stub in the centre of the crankcase. Not many of those brackets about!
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

The tiller on a side mount, the U shaped fuel line, non-plated transom bracket, the transom clamp mounted on the drive tube, not the crankcase, are correct for a later Little Forty.
Half rim ignition in also correct.
Attachments
IMG_1345A.jpg