Stationery engine

Post by tambikeboy »

Any info on stuart turner p4 parts available china's
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
RickUK

Re: Stationery engine

Post by RickUK »

I think to only source for Stuart Turner engines will be Ebay and the like - there used to be a good dealer until a few years ago (Fairways Marine) in Essex, who could supply anything and had the works records to be able to date motors for a small fee- it was a husband / wife team who had tried to sell the business in order to retire - husband passed away, so any continuity was lost, and any parts such as gaskets no longer available long since.

Very heavy motors for their power, albeit at very low revs, but yacht owners were probably very happy to have a lump low down in their boat.

I think I have a manual or photocopy of somewhere if you would like it, and I came across some new domed head nuts in brass which were used to bolt down the cylinder head and side chest covers etc. PM me if you're going to take me dig for the manual and are interested in the nuts - do you have the motor or just came across one?

Rick
tambikeboy

Post by tambikeboy »

P.m sent rick.
Attachments
20191019_132616.jpg
20191019_132608.jpg
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

HI Tam - dug out my stuart manual for the P5, which is what I imagined we were talking about (actually a parts list), which is nothing like the photos - it looks if anything a bit more like the P3 model, but little resemblance there really, other than magneto drive plate cover, so I don't know what you've got.

The smaller Stuarts I had used the Lucas SR1 magneto, and the larger ones generally the Wipac type A magneto. Petrol mix for any Stuart I knew was 50:1

Rick