Crank and Pistons are the same?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

african imp

Crank and Pistons are the same?

Post by african imp »

My next Seagull engine build could be a Century or a 102, it depends what parts turn up in the future?

I have a question, the two crank cases I have are both stamped with Silver Century engine numbers.

Would the crank and piston from the 102 series fit the same crank case, as in are they the same?
Attachments
IMG_2627.JPG
fleetingcontact
Re: Crank and Pistons are the same?

Post by fleetingcontact »

The pistons are the same although I remember an old thread that asserted new piston rings were too wide for a new piston. Further, some assert that the profiling of the original 102 pistons, a little different to the 'modern' (modern - lol) offering, is more efficient. Its a bit academic though, unless you come across a usable old one.

However, with regard to the crankcases, this is a question I asked quite recently; have a look in the 'Help' section where blokewithaboat gave some helpful info.
african imp

Re: Crank and Pistons are the same?

Post by african imp »

fleetingcontact wrote:The pistons are the same although I remember an old thread that asserted new piston rings were too wide for a new piston. Further, some assert that the profiling of the original 102 pistons, a little different to the 'modern' (modern - lol) offering, is more efficient. Its a bit academic though, unless you come across a usable old one.

However, with regard to the crankcases, this is a question I asked quite recently; have a look in the 'Help' section where blokewithaboat gave some helpful info.
Thanks, I will check out the Help section !