LS33642

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

croweater

LS33642

Post by croweater »

Picked up the Little Forty last night be in storage 20 years started 2nd pull, nice motor. Think the lawn might need a little water 8)
John
Attachments
LS33642 (11).JPG
LS33642 (9).JPG
LS33642 (6).JPG
LS33642 (5).JPG
LS33642 (4).JPG
blokewithaboat

Re: LS33642

Post by blokewithaboat »

Nice one. :P

I'm quite a fan of these. I have 3 already and I really like them.

You're lucky that the ignition system is still going though. Might be worth putting a multi-meter over the usual suspects under the flywheel for more peace of mind as you never can tell just how good the coil actually is.

Jeremy will probably be after it's details unless he's done it already.
croweater

Post by croweater »

lucky for me and the motor as it was about to be thrown into a rubbish skip when it was saved, owners were moving house. Will check the coil when I pop the flywheel to clean the points, owner said it had only been used in fresh water.
John
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

John,
It looks a really nice not mucked around late LS. I have added the details onto the list of Early Series Forty. Does it have the later 3 inlet hole gearbox? If you have taken the flywheel cover, what is the date of the flywheel?

These early 40s are really very useable outboards. My preference is for the FVs, but the LS obviously has more power.
Last week I was out on an estuary in South Devon with FV3048 in my dinghy. A great little outboard.

Regards,
Jeremy
croweater

Post by croweater »

Hi Gannet, It has the later 3 hole inlet will check out the flywheel date later, will send you a list.
Interested to see how it performs sounds a little quieter than the others.
John
Attachments
LS33642 (3).JPG
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

Thanks John for that info ref the 3 inlet holes. There is no hurry for the flywheel date.
Yes, I get the impression that these Early Series Forty are quieter than later ones. They have only one hole in the exhaust pipe, with the FVs having a smaller hole than the LS. Whether this is the reason for the relative quietness, I am not very sure, but that would appear to be probably the case.

Jeremy