Ultrasonic cleaners

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

tambikeboy

Ultrasonic cleaners

Post by tambikeboy »

Ok china's what's the story to ultrasonic cleaners i notice that they come in different sizes 1ltr 2ltr and so on what I want to know is what can go in it and what can't I. E. say for instance a block or a complete carb please advise some before and after pics of said method would be grand Charles you say in another topic that you hang a Clynder head just under the level (can't the whole block/head be inserted in (yes I am thick other's call me special) look forward to your comments before purchase cheers. :cry:
Roll me up and smoke me when I die
Regret is just a memory written on my brow
Charles uk

Re: Ultrasonic cleaners

Post by Charles uk »

I have 2 of them that I use, one that is about 0.75 litre 30 watt & is just big enough to hang a century or LS power head over with the head gasket submerged.

If you use it to clean a removed head or carb bits in warm water with 3 drips ish of fairy liquid you will notice after a minute white smoke like wisps of oxide coming from the head bolt holes & several black balls of oily crap & carbon from the combustion chamber on the floor of the tank.

I have a 4 litre one that I bought used from Ebay that I bought to de rust Marston cylinders & clean all the bigger components that I felt were precious, this one died while I was still experimenting. After a lot of research it seems I'll need to buy one with getting on for 100 watts per litre of power to clean water jackets & they cost more money than I want to spend on 3 or 4 cylinders a year, a reducing number as I age.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

To add to what Charles said.
With heavy parts if you hang then so they don't sit on the bottom of the container it will work better. It works by shaking the container (kind of) so if the stuff in it is too heavy it can't shake / clean the parts.

Look for one with a high Watt to litre ratio
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

20180329_194549.jpg
20180406_141809.jpg
I have a largish one that is heated, does remove a lot of the crap.

Does soften up a lot of the crusted on oil.

H-A