Series 102 Wheelie Bin support

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

african imp

Series 102 Wheelie Bin support

Post by african imp »

I have been testing the rebuilt 102 engine over the past while, its a heavy motor and the 16mm thick chipboard base with a 4x2 of pine glued to it showed signs on stress.

I have now butched the assembly up and also fitted a lower cross strip to raise the height of the pine cross rail to make it vertical.

Made from odds and sods that were to hand, it will be used many times more I guess?

There is a 3/8" threaded rod through the 4x2 and chipboard base, then the large angle iorn which was also bolted in place.

Basically the weight of the motor was twisting the 4x2 forward and the motor was in danger of breaking free?

A test this morning shows that the support is much better, the G clamps will make way for some bolts through the top lip of the wheelie bin, as the clamps fall off when the engine is running.
Attachments
IMG_9861.JPG
IMG_9848.JPG
IMG_9849.JPG
IMG_9847.JPG
Last edited by african imp on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugz

Re: Series 102 Wheelie Bin support

Post by Hugz »

Your bins look the same as mine. Never had a problem with attaching directly to side. :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/QL1yVMm2Jdo
african imp

Re: Series 102 Wheelie Bin support

Post by african imp »

With the excessive weight of a 102 series engine I was happier to mount the motor as I did, can also pull the start rope with my right hand and steady the motor with my left hand.

I can also see more with the motor facing outwards?