Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

seagull101

Re: New 1974 WSPCL327MM4

Post by seagull101 »

haha yeah. should have thought about that when the hosue was bulit :lol:
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Have finally and fully come to realise that my latest gull is just another gull give or take a few years and or hours of use.
But before I get back to reality I want to point out, to nobody in particular that , despite Jacob correctly identifying that the exhaust holes showed small amounts of carbon , indicating some running, I have come up with my new explanation which means I can go back to my new unused version.
The first thing I did on arriving home with the gull was to spray wd40 everywhere and in particular the exhaust and drive shaft.
Then I rubbed all over to remove any loose dirt or muck and according to my new story also accidentally inserted muck into the exhaust holes.
Highly possible, I like that story and will be sticking to it.Seems feasible .
Not that the condition of this gull will alter or effect anything else.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Finally got the beast into the lounge, my hips creaking my shoulders squealing but I got it up from down the back.
Missus is reacting positively at least for the meantime.
Now anyone who sees this has to understand I'm near the lower end of the economic ladder and I live in an ex woodsmans renovated cabin near the Waitakere ranges so as to explain it all.
The house has seen better days but I'm leaving that to distant days and close relatives.
What could be better.
Attachments
DSCF1135.JPG
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

You know you only need the fan if you are going to run it inside! :mrgreen:
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Thanks for the brilliant suggestion nudge.
I was thinking along the lines of sealing up the woodburner , filling it up with water then running pipes to and from the beast.
Perhaps even installing an extractor and circulating it up the flue so as to reduce excessive fumes which I have been informed can cause insanity.