102 ?

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Dabtoe

Re: 102 ?

Post by Dabtoe »

I have a 102,SNP 923 X which is fitted with a brass screw tank,should this also have a steel tank? my later AC1199 L has a brass bayonet tank. Thanks Sid.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

That's an interesting serial. The SN motors are very scarce, in fact I don't think I have ever seen a complete one.

It would have originally had a steel tank.

Photos would be of immense interest; the information available about these motors is almost non-existent. Does it have the finned block? What sort of carburettor? What sort of transom bracket? Fuel tap? Etc.
Dabtoe

Post by Dabtoe »

The block doesn’t have any fins,the tank is doing duty on a later motor but I’ll replace it soon,I hesitate to say this but the bottom half is on my kingfisher racer and has been for several years.........it’s only since joining this forum that I’ve looked at the serial numbers!
Sid
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

CharlesL and I were discussing the prop and how the blades look a tad different and the prop shaft extends a little further out. Cookie has let me know that the prop is the rare one stamped with the #3157 and hence a little different. Jason was that you who made this discovery, if not who was it?
NaughtyBits

Post by NaughtyBits »

Hi Hugo,

I had a mate here who told me about the 'stamped version' of these early 2 blades, having one himself. I did make a post a while back about it after receiving one from another kind forum member last year.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Hmmm.... I believe it behoves me to try and locate one for my collection. I'll put a wanted add up.
NaughtyBits

Post by NaughtyBits »

Hugo, here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6148
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Thanks, interesting.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I think that prop came from a DOP or a DON, which is a spring drive version of the late Marston ON/OP prop.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.