Its mine

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Dougelove

Its mine

Post by Dougelove »

This is what I have for some summer fun. Last year cost me a months mortgage to keep the girls entertained! This year that’s not going to happen! :mrgreen:
One boat 2 engines and no paddling...
I collect the motors in the next few weeks. Any info on the top one much appreciated - no number yet!
Attachments
11322E08-5413-477C-9F2C-38F2CFDDAD41.jpeg
EB34B655-4427-4F9B-A5AD-9140BE1B0CBD.jpeg
5E4DF158-48B2-4556-890D-FA64F3F75DAA.jpeg
Everyone is entitled to be stupid; but some abuse that privilege. Before you start to judge me, Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am,
just maybe you will see how strong I really am.
seagull101

Re: Its mine

Post by seagull101 »

It is a WS. These are a pretty common motor but the most common problems with century's with amal carbs is the blocks cracking and with blocks costing more than motors they arent worth fixing.

Let me know if you need any parts as i have tons of stuff for century's i don't need.

Jacob
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

That FP is nice and probably easier to live with as they are lighter and more manageable
Dougelove

Post by Dougelove »

This is a whole new game to me so all information gratefully received. Thanks Jacob I’ll bear this in mind, although I am assured that it was running smoothly last season. As soon as I have it I’ll get the wheelybin out to see!!
Thanks again all
Everyone is entitled to be stupid; but some abuse that privilege. Before you start to judge me, Step into my shoes and walk the life I'm living and if you get as far as I am,
Dougelove

Post by Dougelove »

So I’ve collected the FP and all appears well. I did have a little issue with fuel spilling from the carb bowl constantly whilst running. Also need to reseal some of the fuel connections. But it works. Any further information appreciated, not sure how rich or not she should run, but starts again and again hot or cold. Water flow appears well. Heres a video https://youtu.be/gNFtm5KicmM
Dougelove

Post by Dougelove »

FP goes well very pleased.
Silver century not so good!
CA12BCC2-ED18-4B9B-A2F5-4D869465390A.jpeg
23843AFD-6073-4474-AF13-A8993592B8EC.jpeg
I am having fun disassembling it tho. So far it’s a mix bag of bolthead sizes!! On the plus the bore and piston looks fine with really good compression.