SD4985L3

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: SD4985L3

Post by Hugz »

That sounds like my sort of a tank! There is two steel tanks in the SD range. One like yours and the other with a ridge on the ends.
sd tanks.JPG
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Spiro, your choise at the end of the day but personally i would try to swap it with somebody who wants an original tank.

Jacob
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Good thought Jacob. :idea:
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

Yep, just a shame to erase some seagull history if there is a bare tank about.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Hey man, the groovy tank is the earlier one. 8). (mainly for my reference coz l keep forgetting which is which).

Anyone seen a groovy tank with a decal on it? There is a bit of discord about the originality of the decals though l believe they were original on the later ones at least. Would be advantageous for the squaddies to have mixing instuctions and not to engage clutch on high revs.
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

seagull101 wrote:Spiro, your choise at the end of the day but personally i would try to swap it with somebody who wants an original tank.

Jacob
I am undecided at this stage Jacob. We'll see how we go.
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

Hugz wrote:Hey man, the groovy tank is the earlier one. 8). (mainly for my reference coz l keep forgetting which is which).

Anyone seen a groovy tank with a decal on it? There is a bit of discord about the originality of the decals though l believe they were original on the later ones at least. Would be advantageous for the squaddies to have mixing instuctions and not to engage clutch on high revs.
I find it all a little confusing lol. I thought decals were standard, with the only question relating to the color of the seagull eg gold or white. Will review my photo library and try to identify what's what with regards to tank styles and decals. Will let you know what I find .... if at all useful.

Regards,
S
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Many have been stripped back with no decal found. There is also a following of the theory that post world war2 they were bought from surplus stores and marketed with added decal (ie Arthur Bray P/L). There is no definitive answer as yet. Need some war photos/videos of them.