Moderator's Meeting

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Moderator's Meeting

Post by Charles uk »

Because of comments & suggestions received over the course of this year, we're planning on having a meeting of all the moderators, right at the end of the year to see what we can do to address them.

If any of our members has anything they'd like us to consider, please let us know by Email or PM, to any or all of the moderators, or post it if you feel it needs open forum discussion.

If we don't know about your problems we can't fix them.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Oyster 49

Re: Moderator's Meeting

Post by Oyster 49 »

I'll drop you a line with a few thoughts Charles :P
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Any comments or criticisms are welcome.
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

This is already a great forum in my opinion. It has bucked the trend and survived the migration to Facebook. many other forums are now non-existent as a result.

What I would like to see is pinned pages for specific models. There has been a lot of great research done by many thus far. It would be nice if all of that was captured in a common 'easy to find' area.

Other than that, I would say thanks for this wonderful resource and keep up the great work!

Regards,
Spiro
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

It's a great forum with a lot of good info, (Most of it is accurate) If something is proven to be inaccurate maybe a moderator if needed and put in "red" so the correct information is available! (It would be interesting to see who got the most red marks in their posts!)
Maybe getting rid of some of the old posts that are rubbish or no longer usable due to pics not being there (the really old ones) Or see if we can get some of them fixed up.

Turn good useful posts into "Stickies" so they stay at the top of topic areas.
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Jacsplat

Post by Jacsplat »

Hi,
long time lurker-first time poster
couple of things small things i find annoying,

1.posting items for sale from auction sites (if something like this is found,it could be PM'ed to the person that could be intersted)posting items like this only drives prices up.

2.it would be nice to get some of the old, useful posts fixed up for example "if after all the initial preparation she wont't start..."

3.when 2 members argue, it does not look good. these posts need to be edited or removed asap
Outboards don't float
seagull101

Post by seagull101 »

I would like to see something done about the propeller database thing that was talked about.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Sorry Jacsplat, I've hijacked your post & moved it to the Complete Propellor range pictorial database, thread.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I just have two points and this is to do with the main site rather than the forum.
As this site is expected to give out the right tips and information, according to the engine number identifier, an LS is a little model forty and not a super model forty as it should.
Why oh why do we tell people to spin a motor over with a drill, in my view it is totally unnecessary and wrong.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

PM sent to Headdownarseup
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I was wondering if the moderators would consider setting up a section for us antipodeans. It would help us the downders locate difficult parts and services. For instance SD fuel line components are available from Pirtek which is company unheard of in the UK (I think). We have coil rewinders etc. There is also our National Seagull regatta as well the Waikato run in NZ. It would help new Australian and NZ seagull owners quickly find posts pertinent to us and feel more included. Naturally John Williams would be our first source of seagull parts for the bread and butter bits. Thanks.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Pirtek is known over here, but more so with hydraulic hoses and fittings, I used to use them all the time.
Antipodeans = a person from Australia or New Zealand (inhabitants of the northern hemisphere).
Sounds good Hugo, maybe build in Google translate, so the Brits can join in. :P
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Wow, hadn't realised Pirtek had grown so big. The company started in a garage in Sydney in the early eighties mainly to service earth moving machinery. Penrite oil comes from downunder too.

I'll brush up on the Queen's English :lol:. Anyway it is up to the honorable moderators to give it due consideration.
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

Well, for my 2d worth...

Regardless of wind and rain....snow, gales and flooding...I think you moderator Johnnies do a spiffingly fine job... Unpaid, serving a global community, and standing firm against attacks from the insidious, from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

There IS a vast amount of info on the site,.. and yes, some is a bit buried away, but I've pretty well always found a bit of patient use of the 'Search' facility gets you where you need to be.

someone, somewhere, has covered the points of query...mostly

Toodle pip
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
Adrian Dale

Post by Adrian Dale »

Please consider in the light of social media trends, hate mail, bullying, andracist comments to members through PM's is unacceptable.in any language.

AJIhave not experienced this personally but Iunderstand thatregetable thius may have occurred in the resent past it must be stamped out the trouble is that such comments drip feed from other sections of the net my suggestion ismake an string where such behaviour can be reported offenders being stripped of membership we can report an offensive post but not a PM,be bold never stand for hate