SD

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

lodgey62

SD

Post by lodgey62 »

Had a bloke in my workshop today with a SD the bronze variety,very unmolested looking, non runner though a lovely looking thing,not too interested in selling, he'd heard of my interest in Seagull's and called in,lived about 10mls away. I'd never met him before but what a great chap,80yrs young.
Hugz

Re: SD

Post by Hugz »

Any chance you can get the details for the SD registry?

I received the bayonet cap. Great nick with gasket intact and chain. Much appreciated. What did you use to remove some of the plating?
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

Glad you received it Hugo,I just wire wooled it by hand,as for the SD,what details do you require,he will be back as l will try to get it to run for him when l can steel a bit of time out of work.
All the best Hugo.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Hi Neil, if you email me britishseagullsd@gmail.com and I can reply with a questionnaire. Basically features that are on the register. Apart from the JM magneto # all can be observed without tools. Also if it has a black or silver barrel and whether it has a brass height adjuster.

Also if anyone else (visitors included) wish to have their SD included please email me..... Thanks guys!
height adjuster SD.JPG
20171114camera.jpg
Last edited by Hugz on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

I'll get my daughter to email you Hugo and I'll try and get the relevant information back to you,I'll take some photos if possible and send as email.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

That will be great Neil. More motors the merrier! I'm chasing down a hoard of gulls that is under an old chaps house, apparently one or more is a coppertop.
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

Totally missed where you said the property was???????
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Sydney.......
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

Bugger!
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Cap came up well with wire brush on drill..... my favourite cap now.
brass sd cap.JPG
lodgey62

Post by lodgey62 »

Looks excellent Hugo.
All the best fella.
Neil
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

It would be nice to see pics of your SD's posted here Hugo.

Alternatively, a single thread in which owners of SD's can post their images.

Regards,
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

AusAnzani wrote:It would be nice to see pics of your SD's posted here Hugo. Alternatively, a single thread in which owners of SD's can post their images.Raegards,
I'm hesistant to post pictures of SD's on here Spiro. Can't explain why, just a gut feeling. Thought l might do a youtube when my boat is on the water propelled with an SD. Period boat with matching motor. Maybe just off Cockatoo Island which is our WW2 shipyard on Sydney harbour. (Thank Feyja it is heritage listed). Would be great to have the steam crane lift her out of the water. Period clothing with pipe? I think so.

Incidentally the brass tank above, though on an SD is actually a post SD tank. I like the brass look 8)

Just found some leather oar collars.... cool!
https://shop.classic-boat-supplies.com. ... kits-pair/

Actually, after a bit of thought l think l can make my own. Might take a trip into maritime museum and see what l can find. Hadn't realised they were stitched on the underside and nailed on. Thought they were a bit more sophisticated than that ie a tube of leather from the cows leg!
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

Hugz wrote:
I'm hesistant to post pictures of SD's on here Spiro. Can't explain why, just a gut feeling.
I get that. You may have notices i don't post as often as i use to also.

Has nothing to do with SOS of course as the I'm sure the same applies elsewhere. That's how it is for me anyway!

Regards,
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com