Americas Cup

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: Americas Cup

Post by Charles uk »

I thought it was the Gulf of Haraki.

I really hope your right, but watch out for some slights of the hand from the septics!

No doubt Steinlarger sales will rise once again!

Wish you lot well!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

You know far too much.
Yes you are correct.
The Hauraki Gulf. I always think of all the waters as the Waitemata ( Waitemata harbour) until one reaches deeper stuff and when developing a leak in a rubber duck becomes a worry.
Maybe a steinie or two although theres so many brews about from the 4 corners of the globe its troublesome making up ones mind.
Then I'm ordered to lay off the brews for a while and I;m obeying.
If the Old Mug does come here I'll have to celebrate though.
Mind you with Sir Ben very interested still and Landrover apparently thinking long term the cup could eventually return to its origins which would be great for all concerned.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

There's a bit of me & Steinlager in that water, as we sailed & motored all around that gulf & as far north as the Hen & Chickens, saw penguins in the sea there, we were supposed to be going the Bay of Islands, but got side tracked.

You can't fault the Kiwi's hospitality, they just love skiteing about their beautiful country, & Auckland might be a better location for the America's cup than Hamilton, & a lot more cost effective for the visitors.

I hope you do it!
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Hamilton for the Americas Cup??????
Thoughts of the big cats swinging violently every 2 seconds to dodge the side banks of the Waikato or ripping their appendages apart on the sand banks.
Then I very slowly recollected the port of Hamilton in that island of Bermuda. Peace of mind achieved.
I'm one Kiwi who intensely dislikes any discussion about localities or areas of so called beauty as it exists in every part of the world and dependant on the outlook and opinion of the spectator. In fact I find it embarrassing.
But not winning the Americas cup etc if those who reside in the clouds so allow it.
Anyway 3-0 up and running but 5 days respite for Oracle.
It must weigh heavily on most Kiwis minds the last cup although listening intensely to all comments coming out after and during the last race both teams will be upgrading this time , nothing taken for granted and with Burling and his team there seems to be a determination to carry on calmly to victory.
The one comment I took aboard was that Team NZ had far superior dagger boards which contain up to 15000 pieces yes 15000 and can take up to 80 days to construct. And those could be the winning of the cup.
So, going to throw my negativity aside and state that this cup is coming back to Auckland .
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Dagger boards?
Should of course be foils.
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

One of our members on here works for the company who I believe make them somewhere over near Avondale.
Paris H

Post by Paris H »

We made the hulls and wing sails also :-)

Looking forward to the next race!
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Nice to see you around Adrian!

Didn't want to be too specific as it's your story, that we'd love to hear, after all the kafuffle is over.

Though finishing first might not be a win, when you look at the cost to the Bermudan's & the amount of money some of the teams must have spent.

What does concern me, is you bloody Kiwi's! we're going to demand DNA tests, to find out how you lot sail rings around everyone else, & to establish if there's a underground facility in Queen's town turning out Cyborg Kiwi sailors!
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

By the skin of o our teeth we just crept through to win the Americas Cup 7-1.
Not that that can compare to owning a seagull.
Back to bed and dreams of my seagull overhaul .
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Magic!
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

We did It, We did it, Whoop Whoop!
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?