mid sections

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Jammin Joe

mid sections

Post by Jammin Joe »

Hi Fellas new to form and i have a question . I have seen , in pictures , that a different mid section and lower units have been attached to seagull motors . Looks interesting does any one know what midsection is being used and how is this accomplished ? Cheers Martin
Charles uk

Re: mid sections

Post by Charles uk »

JJ post a picture of the motor your talking about then we will have a clear question to answer.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Jammin Joe

Post by Jammin Joe »

Tried but my computer skills won't allow me . Noticed a members avatar on a powerboat forum he has a pic of a seagull top half , looks like a 170 kingfisher , mounted on an updated mid and lower unit , but what caught my eye was the monster exhaust system looks really cool. I would try again tonight but can't make any promises. lol
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Or post a link to the site/thread/user & perhaps we can tell you what it is.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Does it look like this? I think someone built it so they could quietly go fly fishing...

Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

That's a Bermudian home built 5R lookalike, with a Kingfisher power head & a Yamaha 4A bottom half, that had to be chopped about to fit the expansion pipe & cooling water feed. It's not possible to be more accurate without betters pics.

I've probably looked at this motor as it seems familiar, if it was Dean's it could be the motor, my 170 shares the record with.
But that could be Steve R's workshop, one of the Bermudian old boys, will let us know.
Jammin Joe

Post by Jammin Joe »

Pretty close , but that looks bad **s , the one has a 170 similar pipe, and grey mid/lower, in front of a pink wall . That pretty much sums it up , yamaha mid/lower unit , a lot of thought went in to these motors ,boy they must go .
Michael

Post by Michael »

Charles, that is not a 170 powerhead in the picture, it is either a 5r or Kingfisher
Michael

Post by Michael »

Jammin Joe

Post by Jammin Joe »

found it "highly modified 170 on a yamaha leg " this time in front of a green wall . Does anyone know if this was an easy thing to do or best to leave to the experts ? just looks interesting .
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I think I said it was a Kingfisher, Michael, as 5R crankcases had no tiller arm stub.

You will need very deep pockets Joe if your thinking of walking on the dark side, as less than 25% of one of those will fit back on a standard Seagull that will run!

I can't get on facebook so still can't see the pictures.

Just spoken to one of the Bermudians who tells me that I was right, it is Dean's Kingfisher/5R hybrid, that still is the joint record holder.