work this out

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

tambikerboy

work this out

Post by tambikerboy »

Right guys work this out You go up the shops and see a jacket for £97 You like that jacket but don't have £97 so you borrow £50 from mother and £50 from sister cos daddies a miserable sod anyway up the town you go and buy the jacket

Borrowed 2x £50=£100
Cost of jacket £97
£3 change
away home you go and give mother £1 and £1 to sister that leaves £1 you keep to yourself you now owe mother £49 and sister £49
£49+£49=£98 +£1 you gave to mother and £1 to sister
=£100
Where did the other £1 come from???? :lol:
I,LL NEVER SMOKE WEED WITH WILLIE AGAIN. ......the party's all over before it begun. ...
Collector Inspector

Re: work this out

Post by Collector Inspector »

Borrowed 2x £50=£100
Cost of jacket £97
£3 change for the cost of £97. The change is split between two principles so 2x £1.5
Away home you go and give mother £1 and £1 to sister that leaves £1 you keep to yourself you now owe mother £49.5 and sister £49.5
£49.5+£49.5=£99
£99 + the £1 in your hip pocket =£100

At least you only have to truck a load of teddy bears or similar to earn the other £99.......0r have you stopped at a trucky for Coke.

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
tambikerboy

Post by tambikerboy »

Try again china if it splits between 2 principles at £1,5 then i don't have £1 in my hipper (trippin).... £100-£97=£3÷3=£1 each payback 2×£49=£98 2×£1 =£100 and the county downs still in my pocket? ?? :lol:
I,LL NEVER SMOKE WEED WITH WILLIE AGAIN. ......the party's all over before it begun. ...
Collector Inspector

tambikerboy wrote:Try again china if it splits between 2 principles at £1,5 then i don't have £1 in my hipper (trippin).... £100-£97=£3÷3=£1 each payback 2×£49=£98 2×£1 =£100 and the county downs still in my pocket? ?? :lol:
You do have the quid in your pocket.

2 x 50P

Anyway......

True Story

1969 I was in grade 4 attending Doubleview Primary School (Now Newborough Primary) the tuck shop had just opened with much fanfare and goings on.
Just as an aside, I revisit this memory anytime I am required to turn out to a polling place. The tuckshop is still there looking very 70s at the very least.
Pocket money was 20 cents a day which for a small taka a lot of money. I saved it up so that I always had "Walk around Money" as my Dad used to say.
We all lined up as like wee sheep to take our turn at the first purchases of one particular recess through this now usual thing. It was awesome!
Back then it was a given on a cold rainy recess for half a horse shoe roll with either vegemite or peanut paste slapped together with a half horse shoe roll of toasted cheese.
YUM.......STILL DO IT!
SO
This is what transpired with my purchase and financials with a stressed tuck shop lady with no change in the red box:
..........................................................................................................................
Two half horse shoe rolls please:
1 x vegemite
1 x toasted Cheese
Total of 14 cents.
Paid with 20 cent coin and received 6 cents change back.
Tuck shop Mum mentioned to other tuck shop mums "That is the end of the change". The reply was "We have to have correct change amount then"
I wanted to help as I was flush with cash so I said "I do have the correct change if you like"?
Got the initial 20 cent coin returned straight away.
Paid the 14 cents in a more correct spread of change.
I got into trouble with the deputy head a few days later at the tender age of 10.
Q1: Why?
Q2: Now why was it ME that got into trouble? (This is the MOST important question)
BnC

tambikerboy

Post by tambikerboy »

A1 you knobbeled the cash register for 6 cents
A2 will be the normal excuse (children should be seen and not heard)...
Collector Inspector

A1 you knobbeled the cash register for 6 cents

Absolutely correct. At the age of ten I realised an opportunity and proceeded to take advantage of the moment with indeed a plus of 6 cents. I considered this as a result of the very best of 1970s mathematical education with some regard to the 1970s changing values. All about freedom of thought and actions of young adults in their late 20s to early 30s. Very hip aye. At 10 I was raised and educated by them.

It was my first heist.

A2 will be the normal excuse (children should be seen and not heard)...

Actually not in this case. With reference to above in part it was an absolute confirmation as to the validity of the "Freedom and actions expected by YOUNG Adults of the Times".........all of a sudden a child had their match and was a sepperate thinking entity....one that could be chastised at any time of course just like the good old days of education conformity. That did not work however.

Mum and Dad were present when I stated my case that, while now could be presented as "A case of clerical malaise", it was not of my doing then.

I was obviously too young to upset establishment at such a tender age................Worked well.

My life flowed on after that as I was, along with others my age, something new for statisticians.

Worldwide I may ad.

Cool aye?

BnC
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

My brain hurts :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com