My Seagulls

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

AusOB_Collector

My Seagulls

Post by AusOB_Collector »

Hi all

As most of you probably know, since this time last year my collection of Seagull motors has grown significantly, with over 12 different Gulls being part of my collection at some point in time.

For the rest of this year, it is my ultimate aim to have all and every Seagull in my collection running as they should, so I can have them at the point where I can pick any one of them to put on the back of my dinghy and know that they won't let me down.

Right now, my SJP22051 is my most reliable motor; along with being my first Seagull it also is in the top five of oldest recorded SJP motors on my records so far. Yesterday at our Outboard Meet, it very nearly had my dinghy on plane, with stock prop and stock everything else.

All three of my 102's at this point in time don't run.
My AD (1950)is in a million pieces while I wait for a good piston from B so I can get it back together...
My TD (1965) with original owners manuals that came from Yarloop has a locked up gearbox
My freebie TD (1966) needs the gearbox plug removed (it's really stuck in there and is cracked and broken) and the carbie cleaned and rebuilt.

My Century (LLS) needs the ignition lead replaced and a screw put in place to hold the exhaust tube up (the clamp doesn't hold the exhaust tube on tight enough so it falls off frequently when running).

My Little 40 FV needs a full rebuild, Jeremy will be providing a cylinder block for it as my one has a part that has been epoxied back on.

By the end of this week I hope to have my TD from Yarloop up and running again...
Pics and updates will come regularly

Cheers
BP
Too many Seagulls to count now!

Member SOS, AOMCI,
President of AOMCI's WOOC chapter
Hugz

Re: My Seagulls

Post by Hugz »

Yes, I'm rather enamoured with the SJP's. A very tidy model.

You might get all your gulls running but what about all the other ones that will descend on you!
AusOB_Collector

Post by AusOB_Collector »

by Hugz

You might get all your gulls running but what about all the other ones that will descend on you!

Hugo,
I aim to get all the Seagulls currently in my collection today all running properly by the end of the year. If I get another Gull tomorrow, then that's a side project...
Bracket bracket bracket bracket; I'll let you know what is happening with that ASAP.

Cheers
BP
Too many Seagulls to count now!

Member SOS, AOMCI,
President of AOMCI's WOOC chapter
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

AusOB_Collector wrote:
Bracket bracket bracket bracket; I'll let you know what is happening with that ASAP.
Excellent, I have a motor ready for it :)