Securing motors to the wall

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Securing motors to the wall

Post by Hugz »

Anyone come up with an ingenious method to secure a motor to a wall? As people now seem to consider my unit more akin to a museum than my habitat and are forever telling me to hang my motors on a wall I thought I shall. Logically I should fasten the transom bracket to the wall without the G clamps and have a timber spacer between to clear the magneto. 80mil thickness for the JM magneto and 70mil for the others. Trouble being I wont be able to use the one piece skeletal brass brackets which I consider an integral part of early motors. I could mount a timber bracket to hang complete bracket but due to space consideration I wish to have motors as close to wall as possible. It would be easy to dismount with only having to remove locating pin. Disadvantage being that I'm going to use up a lot of transom brackets that will be permanently located but then I again I only need one bracket to run one motor at a time.

The forty range will need some more consideration as I wish to keep the tilt hook which is a large part of their character even though I can use the bigger motor bracket as above. Fortunate that the drive tube is the same diameter on all early seagulls.

Any other idea? Do people still have the three porcelain seagulls on their walls....what era are they?

ps, Managed to get a 1700's grand father clock up and running yesterday... you should hear it clank, clunk, rattle and groan for a second or two before it clangs the hour. I'm expecting Morticia to walk in at any moment (wishful thinking). The pulley weight winding mechanism uses the same sash cord as a seagull starting rope :lol:
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 524 times
Niander101

Re: Securing motors to the wall

Post by Niander101 »

"Any other idea? Do people still have the three porcelain seagulls on their walls....what era are they?"

50" smart tvs on the walls nowadays.... :P
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I think its three ducks your thinking of, rather have elvira walking out of the clock.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Keith.P wrote: rather have elvira walking out of the clock.
Two of them...yes! Can you do a 3D avatar :P :P
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Sorry I can only do mechanical, I can't seem to get my head around those. :shock:
The Tinker

Post by The Tinker »

Surely they really should be on the back of a boat
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

What all of them? I would need a grease monkey running to and fro across the transom....