Waikato Easter maddness

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

THCL500J8

Waikato Easter maddness

Post by THCL500J8 »

Just a quick, all the best and good luck to those hardy soles, from Kiwi land and the visitors, even the English who take on the mighty Waikato this weekend.
Hope the traffic to Cambridge isn't to bad with every going away for Easter. And that you all get on the water with out to much trouble.
Beware of for men in fast boats and 5r motors and have a great time. Post pictures, so we all know what were missing.

Good weather and good segulling.
TC - 1960 LLS - 1961 LLS - 1966 THCL - 1968 EFNRL - 1986
Charles uk

Re: Waikato Easter maddness

Post by Charles uk »

I haven't heard of any Pommes making the effort this year, if I had a motor that wouldn't embarrass me this year, I would have made the trip, it's always proved to be well worth the horrible flight.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Adrian Dale

Post by Adrian Dale »

Good luck guys and galls, have a great couple of days wish I was joining you its my kind of trip... Hope we see the photos. It took me 16 hours to do 135Kl round Bruny non stop, the Waikato is quite a bit longer I believe. Of course I don't have an 5r

AJ
truant

Post by truant »

Hi, guys, Just finished packing away the gulls after another sucessfull run down the waikato. My son Shaun and I were seperate entrants in the dinghy class , I run a 1973 silver century, and Shaun has a AD with the exhaust over the cav plate so consequently was the noisiest motor there. Very good turnout with 30 entrants and 29 making the start on the first day. Bloody long way crunched up in the bottom of a very tippy dinghy, four hours twenty nine minutes for 55 miles the first day with a creditable third place, and another third on day two, beating Shaun by one place. Perhaps the old dog does have a few tricks up his sleeve,Very hard to make any alterations to any thing when we live in Queensland and dont see the boats or motors for eleven and a half months . Really great bunch of guys, a laugh a minute. We were treated to a preview of an extremely good doco. as cast and crew , of the build up and running of last years 30 anniversery event, hopefully the DVD will be available before the end of the year, keep an eye out for that as Seagull based media thingos are rare as it gets , Cheers Garry.
Chilli Dog

Post by Chilli Dog »

guess who
Attachments
truant
truant
Chilli Dog Racing
Chilli Dog

Post by Chilli Dog »

Shaun waiting to start and your boat in the second pic , thanks that you guys made the trip yet again .
Attachments
truant 2
truant 2
Chilli Dog Racing
Adrian Dale

Post by Adrian Dale »

looks like to much fun to miss... must make the trip next year!!

AJ
Chicken

Post by Chicken »

33 RACING NZ
The Tinker

Post by The Tinker »

Awesome time had by all. If any one wants to do it next year from over seas let us kiwis know. You supply a engine. we will supply a boat.
Adrian Dale

Post by Adrian Dale »

That sound like a great concept, I'm in

AJ
Paris H

Post by Paris H »

I'll echo the comments of others and also say that John, Ross, Al and Dave once again did a fantastic job running the 31st edition of the race. 30 boats this year with half a dozen purpose built new boats to give us something new and interesting to look at.

We were pretty happy with our race effort in Paris and it was really great to finally show the doco Nina has been heading the production of over the past 2 years. It's always a big step to actually show what you've created to a room of people who have intimate knowledge of the story you're trying to tell. What was shown is not the final edit, but it was 90% there. We'll make a few small changes before we submit to the film festival, but mainly the music will get an overhaul. The sound track wasn't keeping the momentum during the first 20mins of the film. But with the help of Al's blues band, I think we've found the fix!
Paris H

Post by Paris H »

And a short video from onboard Paris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aaQ4rgec-8
The Tinker

Post by The Tinker »

Those videos should scare the foreigners HeHe
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »