Totally gutted

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

spiderg

Re: Totally gutted

Post by spiderg »

Point taken. Will let things drop now and wait for something else. By the way, for the records, the seagull which was also in the deal was SPCL473D9. Minus the choke which he didn't know was broken off, however it started on three pulls.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Sometimes, not here in WA, a registration and insurance for a boat (Hull) and engine(serial number) can only be sorted for a new owner if attached (Both Same).

You did the right thing in walking away from either with no number/numbers. Something will turn up later aye.

Cheers

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
JERSEYMAN

Post by JERSEYMAN »

When I was 16, a long time ago, I had a Seagull stolen off the back of my boat, no idea what the serial number was. I learnt a sad, lifelong lesson, I have padlocked every outboard on every boat I have ever owned since :cry:
spiderg

Post by spiderg »

David, although it's not an Orkney Spinner, it's still a nice wee boat. Ideal for what I'm wanting, however, it's now at 410 and just about going out of it's value.
Anyone with any idea of boat values (considering a value is what the individual feels it's worth to him), please pm me with your thoughts.

Gerard
skyetoyman

Post by skyetoyman »

I bought my boat 30 years ago. It was a crescent 42 or a Orkney Spinner (at £1000 incl trailer) they were a similar price. I can launch it single handed (but have never had to)
It's displacement so 9hp max (just ordered a new 6hp Suzuki 4 stroke - sorry) but very happy with any seagull longshaft on the transom. They crop up quite often on ebay - Identical to an Arran 14. Plenty of freeboard , a brilliant sea boat and just 150 Kg. Unsinkable - same as Titanic. Swedish test fills it water and stands 5 people in it. Doesn't sink.
crescent 42 - suitable for 5 --Ideal with 3.
crescent 42 - suitable for 5 --Ideal with 3.
IMAG010.JPG (21.05 KiB) Viewed 561 times
LLS c 1961 on a crescent 42 boat c 1980 + wspcl c 1976 + 102 SD8561 c 1944 + 102 ACR 1948