Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: Seagull Newsletter, 'The Gull'

Post by Hugz »

That is interesting. From England then.
Buzzook

Re: Comments on the 1st issue of 'The Gull'

Post by Buzzook »

Well, the first issue of The Gull has been out there for a bit, and appears to have been well received:

“Very well done! Thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Thanks for your effort and keep up the good work.”
Mike, Bermuda

“Just got the first copy of The Gull. Great idea and a good read.
Keep them up - can’t wait for the next one.”
Cam, New Zealand

“Thanks for the Newsletter. Hope you can put it on the SOS site.”
John, Australia

“Great job!!!”
Mike, Australia

“I'm very impressed. Your newsletter is a great bit of work. Well
written & interesting articles. Good pictures.”
Rex, New Zealand

“Superb job Mark and crew, very well done.”
Steve, Australia

"Congratulations with your 1st issue of 'The Gull'
It looks very professional, it's brilliant, it's funny and I like it!"
Jan, Netherlands

“This newsletter is absolutely fantastic! I have been glued to it for the last hour. Keep up the good work.”
Nick, Australia

So don't forget we want it to be truly 'international' in scope and so we need your contributions: story ideas, photos of your boats, photos of your Seagulls, photos of your sheds, whatever.....just email to thegullnewsletter@gmail.com

NEXT ISSUE: March 2012
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
woodbutchergraham

Post by woodbutchergraham »

Well done Chaps a most inspiring piece of work and a great addition to our community. Just a thought for future issues may be Charles P could pop out with his camera. With his local knowledge of the Seagull factory snap us some images of the site where all of this started. Just an idea, Sorry Charles for the extra work but you live as far as I know the closest to the home of Seagulls as it was.
Life is what you make it, and what you make could change your life.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I think I've found it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
woodbutchergraham

Good one Keith but I’ve spent some time in the Poole area and the hills in the back ground don’t look quite right. I did look around Fleets Bridge area and there is a foundry close i just don’t know if it was anything to do with Seagulls factory.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

That's an interesting photo; nothing to do with British Seagull, not even in England if the cars are anything to go by. I do wonder what was made there.

The first factory was of course John Marston's in Wolverhampton, the famous Sunbeamland. That's covered in an earlier thread where a member posted photos of the now derelict site. Manufacture moved all over the place and bits were constructed in dozens of small locations until the early to mid fifties when they moved to Fleets Bridge, and later when they moved to an industrial estate off the Ringwood Road.

I'll see if I can get a shot of the latter two (or at least the site) and post them up here. SWMBO is popping off to Gibraltar for a few days next week (somehow my step-daughter has got my ticket, not that I mind - I mean who would want to laze about in the Mediterranean warmth in a top notch hotel...) so I will have an opportunity to get around without interference.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Charles, I think its a gift shop in Lincoln City Oregon.

Some info here.

http://www.localhistory.scit.wlv.ac.uk/ ... nbeam5.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
woodbutchergraham

Thanks Charles, I wonderd when passing Fleets Bridge. If the foudery on the left just past Tescos on the A3049 heading towards the idustrial area with Splashdown on it had anything to do with the origonal factory?
atoyot

Post by atoyot »

Very nicely done, this first edition of a newsletter. Really good layout and the stories were fun. I may even have to build me one of those pointy-headed little boats just so I can run the engines more often.

Thank you!
There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.
- Prof. Peter Drucker