Proposal for a Seagull Owners Association

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Would you be happy to see an 'official' British Seagull Owners Club or Association set up?

Definitely - great idea, needs to be done
18%
Probably be ok if membership fee is small and all low key
36%
Maybe - need to see more detail, but not opposed in principle
11%
Couldn't be arsed myself, but if you want to go right ahead
7%
No - silly idea, don't waste your time
29%

Total votes: 28

The Tinker

Re: Proposal for a Seagull Owners Association

Post by The Tinker »

Maybe asking for a little help from others on the forum would maybe unearth a few more bits of information you need. I will keep my eyes open for pics etc. I for one would buy a book if it came available.
John@sos

Re: Proposal for a Seagull Owners Association

Post by John@sos »

Hello folks.

I have now decided to call a halt to this thread.

I think it has run it's course.

It sadly has stirred up people and that is not what I want to see on here.

It has on the other hand had a really positive side. It has revealed the need for a beginners guide, and thanks to Brendan, one has been started with a page for submissions and discusions and the basis of the guide. This thread has also revealed the talents of Keith! I am amazed at the cartoon pics, which would be very printable and the excellent moving graphics that can be viewed in an on line version. Brilliant, just what is needed.

I would now hope that all the positive energy can be channeled into these pages to ensure we have something for the next generation of Seagull Owners.

There is still nothing to stop anyone setting up a club elsewhere, but as I think most appreciate, when I started SOS in 1992, it was an extension of the old Owners Club, where I used to help with writing articles and editing... This site has evolved, and the forum with it.

OK, I have to run it as a business and I have to declare all to the tax man as a retired marine police officer.... and it does make enough pennies to keep my boat afloat, just. But I have always thought of it as running a large owners club. I have always been open to suggestions for improvement, and with the help of the moderators and especially Brendan, think we have improved the site and forum no end.

The site started with my accumulated knowledge, I published everything I had acquired, soon other realised what I did and send me info they had found, which I publish with an acknowledgement. This is the way the site has always worked. If eventually I can link to an e-book on the history, great.

I am hoping that a Beginners guide could be done the same way, could be seen on line with all those great animations, credited to Keith of course, and a print off version that a tyro could take out to the shed to figure out how to tackle the newly acquired Seagull. This would be a great legacy for the next generation of owners and help to keep the brand going....

I am now going to lock this thread down, I feel it has run it's course, and it is my perogative to make that desicion. Thanks to all who have made positive contributions to it and hopefully I will continue to be amused by the witty and clever comments on the Forum to years to come.

Regards to all,

John
SOS