Emerging from hibernation.

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

ALAN

Emerging from hibernation.

Post by ALAN »

Well. I'm told spring is on the way!

I use my Seagull Forty plus as an auxilliary motor on my Dejon 14 motor boat. The main engine is a Honda B75 of about the same age, some twenty five years. the boat is about seven years older. The Seagull seems to be a bit more durable than the Honda but I cannot tell for sure as the Honda has done thousands of miles. It is reassuring that this little gem (Seagull) is on the transom and ready to fire up should the main engine fail.

I'll be winding them both up in the next few days in an old water tank in anticipation of a trip up the non tidal Thames, with the possibility of doing a bit of the tidal stretch. Also a trip on the Norfolk Broads in the Autumn is on the cards.

Nice to know the old Seagull is on the stern.

Regards.

Alan.
ALAN

Sorry for being so boring!

Post by ALAN »

:roll: Well, no replies to my post! I thought somebody would be happy that Spring was on it's way. Not to worry. Goodbye.
erik0905

Re: Sorry for being so boring!

Post by erik0905 »

ALAN wrote::roll: Well, no replies to my post! I thought somebody would be happy that Spring was on it's way. Not to worry. Goodbye.
I am sorry that noone answered you, could be that we all think you are spreading roumers without any hold to it. Here it is raining and snowing. :cry:
I will be nice if we someday, could put pictures on , to show things, we have a site like this in DK. where it's possible
think ahead of doing
http://www.baadside.dk/
Erik
ALAN

Post by ALAN »

:D Hello Erik. I thought everybody was still in hibernation out there. Thanks for your post.

I just thought the SOS Forumites may like to know that today I have tested both engines in my tank in the back garden. The Seagull which I thought had an empty fuel tank had about half a cup full of fuel over two years old and had not been run for that period. The engine as I explained in my original post is used as an auxilliary. I thought I might try my luck, and as I would always recommend using fresh fuel, I would not try this if you needed to rely on the engine in a serious situation. On the second pull it started! It ran perfectly.

Hope it warms up a bit over there.

Regards Alan.