stripped down FP pics

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Collector Inspector

Re: stripped down FP pics

Post by Collector Inspector »

Pre_Occupied by "panties Down", as we all are yeh?

Agree, whats the point............

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

That can't be a sheila the legs are way too slim
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

P Broke dont get your point.

H-A
outboard

Post by outboard »

If my thread has upset you pistonbroke, sorry! As a newby to overhaulling a seized engine, I was lost without the help of all these guys. At times I didn't know what they were talking about without seeing the engine stripped, once I saw the real deal, their comments became clearer. As a help to myself, and hopefully other new guys I took close up pics and posted them. For this I don't appologise as I hope I am doing my bit for the forum and it's members as repayment for the help I'm getting. I'm sure we will never get enough pics to broaden our knowledge, so if you have any please feel free to post them. I don't mind if you call your thread the same.

Gerard
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

Its generally considered bad practice to post the same request on two boards on the same forum.....you did it on General and help ...the problem then becomes that we have to go to both posts to keep up with what is happening ...On most sites the moderator removes the post from the least appropriate board and puts any replies to the remaining listing .....glad you all like the pink pants ..I think she got them wet when I flew past her Seagull powered boat on my jetski .......( flew ..seagull joke )

Anyway Welcome Outboard its always good to see lots of photos posted particularly as its not the most photo friendly site
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Take no notice of Pstnbrk - he subscribes to Boat Design .Net - a forum for Self-Opinionated Anal Retentives.

Mostly comprised of sad marine Architect students besotted with self importance in the company of illiterate morons.

Their grandiose unlikely nightmares are hatched in exotic locations found in their wettest dreams.

We will carry on collecting, polishing, feeling truly British and listening to that sharp Seagull bark.
Does a Deviant Avatar from one who deleted all his posts in a fit of pique not underline my opinion?
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

And the next one please ....youall need to warm up your sad british winter some way glad to help ......WOW and just mention a JETSKI and the world goes crazy !!!..And as for the legs being thin ...always remember its not the meat its where they meet ......ha ha much laughter this end...now what was that nice civilised polite boat site ......ahhh www.boatdesign.net ....thats it
Collector Inspector

RosB, Mate!

"Does a Deviant Avatar from one who deleted all his posts in a fit of pique not underline my opinion?"

Did You delete Avatar properly 3D?

Mine is "Stolen" from some poor SOB in Google...........has not busted me as yet. Upside down Gull all my own effort but.............Maybe refine that with a tin in claw and some corks on a slouch hat to be added later? Work in progress I think.

B
Collector Inspector

We are a sorry lot Outboard, really we are.

Continue with your post Mate,

Regards

B
woodbutchergraham

Post by woodbutchergraham »

WELCOME to world of dyslexic typists, & collectors of antiquate outboards. Some of the members take life far too seriously, seems like you may have hit a raw nerve with our antipodean friend. I for one would just like to welcome you, I am a great believer in the power of self discovery, but the wisdom of the members of this site and its owner have always given sound advice and the fullest support. For my advice on your re-build I would recommend you always take your time think twice before any action. Phone John and order a manual read and inwardly digest the essential information post lots of photos and keep us all updated with your progress
All the best
Graham :D
Life is what you make it, and what you make could change your life.
outboard

Post by outboard »

Thanks guys, it's good to get a bit of moral support, I thought I had done something very wrong. Indeed Graham, I have had great support from all the guys, and yes, I will post many photos and keep you all updated on my progress.
Thanks
Gerard
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Gerard, (yes I like that name), I'm sure you're pleased to have drawn such a large audience - circa 270 so far, and after no interest whatever in your mundane question to start!

Yes, that is the situation, at the end of the day to extend relevant concern into the Seagull subject will require somewhat esoteric mechanical, historical or lewd threads.

Now if your motor had been an OA, various areas of the National Grid would have been on overload, especially if your wife/girlfriend had been posing with said engine, her essentials concealed by just carburettor and tank - I doubt the forum readership would have been much larger.

Don't worry about certain social inadequates, you done well pal . . .
chris

Post by chris »

I have always found this time of the year the northern hemisphere or some of it goes stir crazy due to cabin fever from bad weather, but in defense of that we from down under don't seem to need cabin fever weather to get the symptons of cabin fever,
so if someone could help me get to the point it would be appreciated,
Also good work Gerard you are doing a good job,
outboard

Post by outboard »

The point is ............what was the point??? Damn, forgot what the question was. Should I post a picture of the piston I managed to free from the cylinder after 3 weeks soaking in diesel, nah ....it's probably on another link.http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/fo ... f=2&t=1730#

The wife's legs wouldn't go down well on this site so we'll keep them for my eyes only.

Thanks for all your comments and help guys, I'm now on the way back up with this project. Considering I bought the engine completely seized it's now ready for a cylinder hone, new plugs, then hopefully a link on youtube to let you all hear the noise.

Gerard
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Don't worry about a Youtube pic, you havn't got it running yet.

You need compression, fuel, spark. First get the compression, I'm interested what it will be. And it will tell you how good the engine should be.
At this point you will be able to turn the engine and see if there's a spark. This could start a whole new series of dispair, anxious queries, questions in the House from Places Kissed by God, and furious running of flywheel by eclectic drill to induce magneto to behave.
I should find a 1/2" drive socket to fit the flywheel bolt immediately. And a 1/2" square shank to join to a 1/2" round torque drive socket to fit into your chuck. So at 2000rpm you will be to remove said drill from flywheel when it bursts into life.

If the engine was seized then it is likely there could be other items to attend to . . .