Seagull 5R

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Seagull 5R

Post by Charles uk »

I'm researching 5R's at the moment & trying to work out how many were produced.

I know the serial numbers started at number 1, because I have that one & would be very interested in knowing what's the highest serial number out there.

All of mine are dated January 1993, the serial number is not on the crankcase like every other Seagull, but is stamped on to the side of the adapter plate.

So if you have a 5R, dead or alive, could you let me know the serial number, by PM, email or a post on here. So we can find out if the rumor that they only made 70 of them, is true.

It will be fasinating to find out how many are still running, after the abuse all the Seagull racers have given them.

Many thanks Charles
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
outboard

Re: Seagull 5R

Post by outboard »

Charles where exactly is the number, ie where's the adaptor plate? I have just aquired an engine and can't find a number in the usual place, my thoughts are it might have been renovated as there's signs of red sealant. But I don't know what 5Rs look like so, if you let me know please, I'll check this one out.

Gerard
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

5R's were all light metallic blue in colour, & the adapter plate is a large aluminium casting that holds the Kingfisher type powerhead to the Yamaha leg & provides a location for the Yamaha twist grip tiller arm.

If you search on the main site you will find pictures.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
outboard

Post by outboard »

Thanks Charles. Can definately say this is not one. Hope you get a good response to your search though.