Seagull Kingfisher QB

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Lynne

Seagull Kingfisher QB

Post by Lynne »

I have inherited a Seagull Kingfisher outboard motor when I bought a Drascombe Longboat Cruiser. I've had it serviced but can any Seagull experts tell me generally:

How reliable are the Kingfishers?
How easy are they to start?
How do I start the engine - someone mentioned a "tickler" what is that?
What are the main problems?
Anything I should look out for?

I'd like to use the Seagull if possible but I need a reliable engine _ am I in luck?
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Yes they are reliable, yes they should be easy to start, and yes, it'll be fine on a Drascombe .

If you have problems, then this is the forum to ask; and John is the man to give the thing a service for you. If you let me know your e-mail address I can send you a copy of the operating instructions.

The 'tickler' referred to is a button on the carburettor which effectively allows the carb to fill. The most important thing is to top the motor up with fresh fuel.

Keep the faith, this is a super motor, and in a better organised world they would still be making them.
webmaster (BM)

Post by webmaster (BM) »

Hey Charles
There is an easy way to send a message to any registered user - just click on the Image
pm = Private Message
The PM Button should be next to their name and the system will let you type a message that will be stored in a Private Area that only they can see. The System should also send them an email letting them know that they have a new message.

I see in this case you will want to send Lynne an Attachment so Lynne should send her email address to you as a pm that way it is not made public to everybody.

Lots of neat things in this Forum system - still finding out what everything does.

Tim.
:idea: If the manual is not in copywrite them we could also host a copy here :idea: