Decals again!

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Horsley-Anarak

Re: Decals again!

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

I think I might ask him a few questions :D ,
perhaps we should all ask him a few questions just to help his stress levels. Then we can report him to ebay and get him chucked off :)

H-A
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

it never appeared on oval tanks.
yes thanks charles.i think the oval tanks usually had the sailorman but i just thought that decal on that particular tank looked "wrong" somehow ,
sort of squeezed in between those wide straps almost as an afterthought. thought it would look a lot less "cluttered" on a strapless tank just from a visual aspect.
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

I have sent my question to him :D

H-A
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

oops...... nearly sent that again sorry
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

Don't want to start a war with Australia!

I don't really make a habit of knocking items on eBay, there are lots of people selling stuff in good faith out there, and many that simply don't know much about the stuff they're selling.

But this guy is implying - with all that stuff about his grandfather and all that - that the motor is in superb condition, almost like new, very little wear. It isn't. It has been restored with all manner of odd bits that didn't belong to it originally. Some of the work is to a very high order indeed - like the tank. Brilliant stuff, better than anything I could accomplish, and boy have I tried. But that's not the point.

He's hoodwinking someone in to believing it's in original condition when it's not. And at $400 dollars that's not nice.
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

And like Gordon Ramsay he has used the F word. :evil:

Poor old Bruce I am sure that he is totally shocked. :D

He is now probably stuck in the corner of one of his many sheds licking his wounds, surrounded by 102 seagulls. :( (and redbacks) :)

H-A

P.S. dont take it too hard Bruce, in the UK we a quite used to a little bit of foul language, but we realise that the ones from far south are a little more sensitive. :)
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Have seen this motor before or at least one that has been restored (done up) by the same person. Also asked about decal and had a reply that it came off ebay. The braided fuel line is his trademark. I remember last time thinking that you would be better spending more time restoring a more collectable gull.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Thanks Guys, UM, I am a bit amazed as to the lengths that this seller went to actually. He reported me to Ebay...

eBay sent this message to######## (alectraproject).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
MC037 INV NOTICE&284: eBay Informational Alert - Misuse of eBay Email Forwarding System alectraproject

Hello alectraproject (#),

Recently we received a complaint involving an email you sent to another member through eBay's email forwarding system.

The purpose of this system is to provide a means of communication between members regarding a transaction on eBay. Although eBay maintains a neutral position regarding this complaint, we want you to know that a complaint was received.

Below is a copy of the email you sent:

We have looked at your motor. As below.

That motor - the 102 on eBay in Australia - is a bit of alright on firsdt look.

Then you realise that the tanks is most probably a replacement or a replica. The decal is a good one - in fact I have never seen a 102 tank in perfect condition - but it's too good, the tank is too glossy, the straps a too bright. Remember this motor has been used, the vendor doesn't mention a complete rebuild, he just says he's had it a long time and it's only been used very little'

The carburettor has signs of wear, but oddly the tank (normally the most fragile bit) doesn't.

It's got the wrong transom bracket, wrong air intake (from a Silver Century), wrong paint on water pipe and block, and the crankcase has been repaired utilising an LS/SJM 'bent metal' tiller arm. And that's not all.

In other words it's not what it appears to be

The decal looks the right shape for a motor made 10 years earlier, the gold doesn't look right (may hbe the camera or the light) -

and:

OK, told them that Mate.

they have another bit...

Postby c$$$$$$p » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:20 pm
You had better not tell him about the magneto cover being plain rather than printed with a logo, the braided fuel pipe, the thick pattern tank rings (1947), the painted filler cap etc.

Four hundred dollars eh?

Replying to an earlier point this particular tank decal was replaced by the smaller white bird one from 1949, although some were still being sold on 102s in 1953. It never appeared on oval tanks.

Just passing on

Regards

B

For information regarding eBay's email forwarding system policy, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/ ... isuse.html

For information regarding eBay's email forwarding system, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/Contact_form_faq.html

For details on our other policies, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/overview.html

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

eBay

H13234

So I said I was sorry to Ebay, nicely, and asked them to let the seller know accordingly. Then I checked the rest of my inbox and let Ebay have a copy of this below with out making a formal complaint.

Sorry, more bad language. :oops:

Dear alectraproject,

u dumb f@ck fag, go f@ck yourself, oh u already do,fag

- ringo38

and

Dear alectraproject,

i will find where u live, fag

- ringo38

So, do NOT annoy this person!

I think our moderators should probably end this Topic eh?

Regards

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

polite as always the B is.
i know what you mean mate.got more or less the same reply when i was "polite" to a female once! (chuckle)
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I guess we had better end this none...
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

sorry bruce...... i didnt mean to be a goose.my little attempt at humour was in reference to your earlier post when the situation was still a bit funny and i submitted it before i read your last post which must have sneaked in somewhere. not so funny now in the light of that information.hope everything ends ok and my apologies once again. cheers
bill
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

What a rude man !! :roll:

Is he a member of the forum ?

H-A
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

well ...just goodness, you chaps are really fired up !!!

and it all started with a decal ....

the gentleman in question is probably an Abo with a gripe with you whiteys over land issues in the central Nullabor
Were you to offer a couple of 'plagons of sherry' for the said item you could probably conclude a deal

honor satisfied he retreats to the much loved ancestral lands ...with 'plagons'.. and contempltes his navel in an alcoholic haze till the next beneffit cheque arrives ...and you get a tidy restored 'Gulll

ike such a joker needs a seagull ??? ...not a lot of help finding witchetty grubs or spearing goannas, what ???
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

What a rude man !!
sounds more like H.I.D. to me
i hope neither of them is a member of this forum or a few more of us might be in trouble!
come to think of it.........that decal didnt lookTOO bad!

P.S they also have a boat for sale......... any takers?
Last edited by billyboy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

They are meticulous mechanics tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WopdIgBG1dA