Forum tips and tricks

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Hugz

Re: Forum tips and tricks

Post by Hugz »

Yep, they are all working again. Must be your end. Incidendently, I downloaded firefox while they were not working and I could get them with that.... so I'm assuming it is something to do with IE 8 which I only recently upgraded to. What did you do? Tho it is probably too technical for me to understand. You know us seagull owners, we like to know how something ticks :)

Many thanks. Hugo.
BrendanM

Post by BrendanM »

Hi Hugo,

Glad the videos are working for you now... probably fixed it for some others too. 8)

What I did was add a bit of code to the YouTube button that specifies that the video we are embedding is a Flash Player video... Interestingly, the forum seems to re-write the code into the page, using what I've set up for the YouTube button, every time the page is viewed... that's why my change affected old posts, which was confusing me. Learn something new every day!

It must also be to do with the way your PC is setup (probably in IE), as I have always been able to see these videos... still, as I said, there will be others out there with the same setup as you who would not have been able to see them. So thanks again for your patience with me, it was a useful exercise.

All the best,
mattrobbins

Post by mattrobbins »

Hello
I have a Featherweight 40 Seagull bought new by me in 1988. The driveshaft warped around a rusty bit and I have managed to extract about half. How do I extract the rest? The seal is sealed and I would rather just knock off the gearbox from the bottom of the driveshaft housing. Is this possible?
Matt Robbins
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Hi Brendon

Where is the Spleng Chekka mate?

Regards

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
BrendanM

Post by BrendanM »

You will need to install a spelling checker on your browser, there is no spelling checker available on the forum.

:arrow: Please also see my previous reply to this question here: http://www.saving-old-seagulls.co.uk/fo ... 1475#p8639 :)
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

I say Brendan my good man, is there any chance of being able to save favourite threads as an option? As there is now a huge archive of information it would very handy. :D
BrendanM

Post by BrendanM »

Hi Hugz,

Sorry, I didn't get a notification that you had posted this, even though I have asked the board to do so! hmmm...

I will look into that for you a.s.a.p. I bet someone has written a mod to do that.

Cheers :)
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

No rush, sounds as though you have your hands full at the moment!
Thanks, Hugo. :D
BrendanM

Post by BrendanM »

Hi Hugz,

Sorted now thanks!

Bookmarks is what you are after... at the bottom of the thread's page you will see 'Bookmark Topic'... if you click that it will add the thread/topic as a bookmark which you can manage from your 'User Control Panel' (top-left of every page)... click on 'Overview' and then 'Manage Bookmarks'.

Let me know if you need anything more specific and I'll see if it's out there.

Cheers,
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

That's brilliant Brendan. Works a treat. Now I can personalise my own reference data base. Now to search paint threads.

Thank you. Hugo.
phil

Post by phil »

Hi, still trying to post photos unsuccessfully, other sites I use, copy the img line from photobucket, paste into reply area. Does not work for me here, although other have said that is exactly how they do it. Running mini Mac OSX operating system, internet browser Safari. Maybe should try from wife's PC? Any suggestions? If you check the AOMCI site there is a nice feature that lets the computer challenged like me try posting photos until they eventually get the right combination, here one [me] ends up cluttering up the site with unsuccessful photo post trys.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

You shouldn't need to clutter anything up, if you Preview your post before submitting it, then you will see if its worked or not.
phil

Post by phil »

True enough,half asleep here.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Phil,

After you've selected the S.O.S Img option from above the text box, paste the Photobucket IMG code inside it;

Image[/img]

Then delete the inside (Photobucket's) set of IMG phrases and check with the preview.

Voila' !

phil

Post by phil »