the Thames mini 'Gull Rally

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

timberman2004

the Thames mini 'Gull Rally

Post by timberman2004 »

OK guys ....here it is

available dates 4th or 5th ...12th ...25th or 26th

location:- A329 between Moulsford and Wallingford ...@ Cholsey there is a little lane called Ferry Lane goes down to the river ...slipway and loads of places for picnics
Parking available even if a bit limited
kids can swim in and around the slip... more-or-less sandy... pretty spot

up river to Wallingford, pub on the bank
down river can go hassle Jackie at British Seagull

you can check .... http://www.electric-boat-association.or ... ipways.htm

nice long beats on this section ....no locks for ages, just in case anyone has had the bad luck to misplace their Enviroment Agency license

responses on a post-card by last tues pls ...the more the merrier
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

25th or 26th would be great.

4th and 5th are a definite no for me.

12th I could do without rest of family in tow.

Hope this ties in wth everyone else.

H-A
40TPI
Location: North Buckinghamshire, 110 miles south of Yorkshire, England.

Post by 40TPI »

I'm already committed on the 4th....... No preferences on alternative options; happy to fit in with everybody else on other dates

Peter
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

right ...honing it down now !!!

25th /26th it is ...weather dependant of course, if a tropical lashing down, or snowing the 'do' is OFF

sign up sign up ...any chance of an appearance from the 'sarf coasters' ? Vic? Charles? others ?
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

I will be there what ever the weather, kids will have their new boat, and HID will be proud to show off her new engine (for use on the kids boat).
It is an EF and only cost £26.00, not bad for one with a recoil starter. It will get abused and not flushed when she takes it on its trips to the seaside this summer.
At least It will not add to my total number of engines.

Will R-B-T make the trip up?

H-A
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

working on this one H-A

but Charles L has confimed attendance

got a deal on the beer already
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

I presume the 25th / 26th is of July?

I Google Earthed into Ferry Lane - it looks very rural and charming.

I'm going nowhere until this cat is finished, so I'll be at the Autumn gathering then . . .
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

set the dog on it ....that'll finish it
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

I would think that any proposed autumn meeting will be totally dependant on the success of the summer one.

I would urge anyone who looks at this forum, to jump in their car and attend this meeting. You never know it could be fun.

We have to make all the effort that Timberman has put in worthwhile, imagine all of the launch sites that he had to visit on his motor bike, to make sure that there is a suitable pub nearby. Plus he would have had to test out all of the available beer at said pubs. :)

H-A

P.S. As R-B-T will not be attending I will be prepared to sponsor a best restored engine prize.(It could well be a bottle).
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

well I don't know - meeting all those shadowy figures typing away at an obscure website while pretending to be heterosexual and every one suffering a severe bout of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive disorder)

Sounds tooo scary for me; we all put on fancy dress down here to disguise the identitty (yes that was a pun) - even the boats are disguised . . .
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

see up here in the home counties, we're all as sound as a pound ..and definitely not a 'pink' one

now it may come as a complete suprise, & call us odd if you will, but we try to organise our waterbourne events in the summer ...when its warm...and the river is warm ...y'know, the water and all that, is warm ...& with lots of daylight

s'pose we could change it to the dank dark depths of winter ..in the cold ..no light ...cold..gloomy and cold ...dodging the ice floes ...I s'pose

problem with the Cornish is that they just will drink the water down there ...it has very strange effects !!! ...disguising their leanings by dressing up in drag

if it makes you feel more comfortable RBT, come as you like ..promise we won't rip the piss ...will we lads ???

god, the work, the effort ...and still a couple more pubs to check out
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

OCD what type of Seagull is that.

It has got a C in it so it must have a clutch.

No it has a D in it so it must be direct drive.

It has an O in it so it must be a Marston. :D

Dont take it too seriously RBT, Hope the cat gets better soon. Did the vet have any idea how to get rid of its very bad case of "rocker" :lol:

H-A

P.S. It is only 4 1/2 hours in the car, life is far too short.

I can let you have a list of local campsites :wink: , no Doom up here but some of the real ale up near Oxford is not that bad.

H-A
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

that's the problem, life's so short when you get to my age. If I was a mathematician or could be arsed to work it out I would calculate the percentage of life expectancy that the 9 hours driving would take!!

My presence is required in the village shop every am until 9am. If an excuse could be found for the Sunday am absence then you buggers would be nearly sober and ready to return to your loved ones by mid morning.

Now - if it was a one day event . . .
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

well RBT it was always intended to be a 1 day event ....

if there were those who wanted to camp over s'pose I could research some sites... << wheels out bike, and grabs Good Pub Guide~>>

is that one of those village shops for village people ??? :lol: :lol:
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Camping ehhh!!

I could arrive in stetson, leather chaps and check shirt with a pair of those sweet little revolvers - would that be camp enough?