Spectacular Incompetence

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

charlesp

Spectacular Incompetence

Post by charlesp »

Should you wish to experience an episode of absolutely epic incompetence and a mind boggling disregard of customer satisfaction I strongly suggest you arrange to have a package despatched with Couriers Express. who advertise on eBay.

These blithering nincompoops are unaware of what day it is, and have an attitude to the customer that is truly awesome.

I have had someone up in Bonny Scotland sitting there all day awaiting a collection. The poor chap was relying on the company's written indication that today was the collection day, and not realising that some brain dead moron had (without my authorisation) rescheduled the collection on the basis that I had questioned their attempt to pick it up on Monday before my man was ready.

On no account trust this fly-by-night outfit, whose representative is unauthorised to deal with my distressed attempts to sort the mess out, and whose customer services department is only available during office hours by e-mail.

DHL, the actual carriers, have, on the other hand, been the very personification of helpful and attentive service, for whom nothing is too much trouble.

Rant over, thanks for listening. Nurse will be back soon with the medication. Then it'll be all right.

Until tomorrow when the saga will probably just start again...
Vic

Post by Vic »

You should post stuff like this somewhere with a good sized membership.

One of the Yachting Boating World forums for example at http://www.ybw.com/forums which have over 32000 registered users, not 600.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

I will, but not until my parcel is in my hands!
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

cor ....
must have been a highly desirable article to get so het up ..
Not a marston was it ??
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

I hope Couriers Express is not the same outfit as Parcels2Go who also advertise on Ebay.
They also collect for the carriers DHL but I am shocked and amazed by their efficiency and low price.
An engine under 25kg anywhere the next day, collected and delivered for £7.25!
That includes about any Seagull I know . . .
pistnbroke
Post by pistnbroke »

Same here in australia ..booked an outboard to be moved from perth to brisbance ( 4000 miles ) booked at 7 am ...they tried to collect it at 10.30 ! Not ready ,no one in orders to phone first ...then wanted to charge me $30 to try again...turned up and said " it looked too heavy" Sent again " its lighter than I thought" then missed the truck twice !!! Took two weeks but now I have it I love those air cooled 4 stroke Briggs and Stratton Outboards .....!!!! oops
Last edited by pistnbroke on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
charlesp

Post by charlesp »

It gets better...

Having missed the pickup on Wednesday DHL picked my stuff up from Inverness on Thursday (yesterday). That';s because, they say, Couriers Express only actually placed the order on Wednesday after their van had left. They have no intention of shifting it down here until Monday, because the distance is greater than the set amount for 'next day' delivery. They apparently make this quite clear to their customers, but as it was booked by Couriers Express this was not part of my understanding. Couriers Express did tell me that some deliveries are on a 48 hour basis because of didtance, but that did not apply to mine.

Because it's a weekend I am now expecting the delivery on Monday. That's when I'm in Hospital again, just for a quick appointment with the physio, so I have had to get DHL to hold it at the local depot for me to pick up.

Couriers Express is owned by a genbtleman with an Asian sounding name, and judging by the voices on the telephone he prefers to employ people with an accent from similar origins, so there is a slight difficulty in communication.

I am becoming convinced that this stuff will never see Hamworthy. Or at least that I personally will never see it here. My blood pressure will polish me off before that.

This, of course, is why so many people simply don't want to have anything to do with couriers.
Waggles

Post by Waggles »

You are so right Charles. I once had dealings with a local branch of a courier called 'White Arrow', never again. They attempted to deliver and left a card, I called and said I wouldn't be in for a few days, deliver next week, got a card the next day too. I asked the girl if she had forgotten, no I will re schedule it she promised, got a card the next day as well. I asked her if she was deliberately trying to wind me up, she denied this but I couldn't speak to the manager as he was 'Out checking the vans', this turned into the Monty Python Cheese shop sketch where every time I called it was lets see what different ( but feeble ) excuse we can use to stop the nasty irate man talking to the manager. I was fully expecting 'Oh dear the cats eaten your parcel'

In the end I cancelled the order and told the firm I would never order from them again while they used White arrow, Oh and of course I got yet one more card delivered telling me as I STILL wasn't in they were returning my parcel to the sender.

Hope it cost them tons of diesel.
CatiGull
Location: Delmar on Hudson NY USA.........3000 nm west of THe Black Country

Post by CatiGull »

.....I think its bit runnier than you like it, Sir....

:D :D :D
Stephen
Awenke Yacht Club
New Baltimore NY
S/V Catigale
Macgregor 26X
Island 17 Sloop
timberman2004

Post by timberman2004 »

how about cheddar ? ....

Not much call for it round here Sir

<< apoplectic>> Not much call for it ? It's the single most popular cheese in the world ...

not round here Sir

and what pray tell IS the most popular cheese round here ?

Ilchester Sir

Ilchester Eh ?

Oh staggeringly popular in this Manor squire

OK ...I'm game ...is it worth asking ??

could be ...

have you got any ? he asks expecting the answer 'No'

Ummmmm ..No

and on and on from memory ... sign of a miss-spent youth ...hence being involved in seagulls now
Neal...errrr... an ON, OP, 2xSD, F, 3xSJP, LLS, 2xFV, FVP, FPC, CPC WPCL, WSC, and a few eggs hatching, hopefully