Throttle cable doesn't fit

You can talk about almost anything here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Ulele

Throttle cable doesn't fit

Post by Ulele »

Hy
Just to introduce myself as a new member on this board: I am Volker and living on the westcoast of norway.
The last weeks I fettled on my old 100 century long shaft from the end of the sixties. I took everything in parts and cleaned it up before I reassembled everything in my livingroom again. The piston was grown together with the cylinder so I pressed it out with a hydraulic press. That was mostly the only problemI had. I ordered some new parts where it was necessary. So I ordered also a new throttle cable.
Teh cable is delivered without the small tube that is sitting between the black outer tube and the throttle control lever. The one from the old cable is in good condition but doesn't fit over the end of the cable. I hope the photos will help.
What is it what I am doing wrong?

Regards: Volker
DSC_1529.JPG
DSC_1527.JPG
DSC_1526.JPG
Nudge

Re: Throttle cable doesn't fit

Post by Nudge »

Welcome to the funny farm!

Can you remove the the bit off the end of the new cable? it may be the difference between Imperial and metric?

Others may be able to help better.
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Collector Inspector

Re: Throttle cable doesn't fit

Post by Collector Inspector »

I would suggest the wrong cable?

OR

At the carb end decrease the height of the adjuster to zero (all the way down). This will give more inner cable for you to work with at the throttle end.

At the throttle end you should be able to find a split along the insert thru which the inner cable can be guided.

Then if you have a compatible throttle assy all will be revealed.

Adjust the slack back at the carb.

Good luck, send more pics as we just love pics aye!

BnC
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others