Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Collector Inspector

Re: Why Always This?

Post by Collector Inspector »

Banta-Mag Type FW 1099 on this engine.

Clockwise or anti. P5524 (B)

Serial 176940

O.1 -O.2uf

DYOR of course for an individual application. I see nothing wrong here. There are others of course Charles.

03012017101.jpg
03012017100.jpg
BnC[/color][/b]
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

I'm not an expert on these Bruce, but during our researching, the other Charles & I found, that seeking people that actually worked for suppliers gained us access to vast amount of technical expertise & propriety documentation, one of these that I'm still in contact with, worked for Wico Pacey, who though retired, is currently rebuilding 3 Banta Mag Anzani ignitions for me.

As the impedance on your new caps struck me as low, I called him to ask the question & posted what he said, in my previous post.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Nudge

Post by Nudge »

That flywheel looks almost like mine. :P This is on a "Black lable" Minor

When I got my Minor it was missing the coil. If it was still there and not working I may have had a go at rewinding it. But as I had no core to wind it on there was on point.
After a short trip on a plane to the wipac man, it came back all nice and working!
"THE KING OF BLING"!
Is it better to over think, than not think at all?
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Charles uk wrote:I'm not an expert on these Bruce, but during our researching, the other Charles & I found, that seeking people that actually worked for suppliers gained us access to vast amount of technical expertise & propriety documentation, one of these that I'm still in contact with, worked for Wico Pacey, who though retired, is currently rebuilding 3 Banta Mag Anzani ignitions for me.

As the impedance on your new caps struck me as low, I called him to ask the question & posted what he said, in my previous post.
Thank you Charles.

I have just gone back to Jaycar and purchased some of these.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/220nf-630vdc- ... r/p/RG5222

The reason I chose what I did was because the only reference I could find for a CW/CCW setup was from here.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pattl ... rc0126.htm

I guess that I DMOR and failed.

Maybe you could ask your contact re the base plate serial number and flywheel number I quoted?

Thanks Mate

Cheers

BnC

A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others