Wrong
Keith.P

Re: Quiz

Post by Keith.P »

Ok you need more help.
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

Keith, if that's not an Anzani Pilot, then it has to be a derivative there of.

All components shown so far eg Carb, Gearbox etc are same as those found on a Pilot.

Steering rail and pivoting tank mount also imply Pilot.

If not a Pilot, you'll have to tell us novices what it is.

Regards,
www.vintageoutboardsaustralia.blogspot.com
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

Its a Seagull outboard.
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

I came across this motor years ago, looks like a Pilot, but is in fact a Seagull, I think you can work out where it was made, production from 1948-55.
kees

Post by kees »

I have my doubts
Russia has copied a couple of popular western Europe outboards
so it looks to me that this is a russian outboard so a copy of the Anzani pilot
a seagull graphic on the tank does not mean that it is a Seagull ........or...........?
Keith.P

Post by Keith.P »

It's not called an Anzani or even made by them, its called a Seagull, like the british Seabee that has about seven variations, all look like a seabee's and even use the same parts and are by totally different manufacturers and use different model names.
The Olympic, uses Seagull parts and looks very much like a seagull, but its an Olympic, I have an Archimedes penta U-22 made by Archimedes and not one made by Electrolux, I have an old Perkins, this was also made by Rootes originally and later by Anzani and my one its still a Perkins.
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

Keith.P wrote:It's not called an Anzani or even made by them, its called a Seagull, like the british Seabee that has about seven variations, all look like a seabee's and even use the same parts and are by totally different manufacturers and use different model names.
The Olympic, uses Seagull parts and looks very much like a seagull, but its an Olympic, I have an Archimedes penta U-22 made by Archimedes and not one made by Electrolux, I have an old Perkins, this was also made by Rootes originally and later by Anzani and my one its still a Perkins.
G'day Keith,

If I get a chance, I'll dig out a link and post it here. Same outboard with the Seagull badge, owned by a Russian museum stating outboard is a rebadged Anzani Pilot.

Found it a long time ago, so please bear with me whilst I search for it again.

Regards,
AusAnzani

Post by AusAnzani »

OK, here's one link to view. http://forum.motolodka.ru/read.php?f=1& ... 5&t=857570

All in Russian, but if you click on the image links you will see these things are all Anzani with the exception of the Seagull decal and Seagull rope pulley.

Google translate will help find the reference to "The Seagull" being an Anzani Pilot. I just don't have the time right now to translate each post, one at a time.

I found this when researching Anzani Pilot prior to starting the resto on mine. A google image search for "Anzani Pilot" revealed an image, which took me to above link.

There was another set of images and reference site also, and i'll keep looking for that as well. I'm sure it was a museum of some sort.

Hope that helps.
Hugz

Post by Hugz »

Translation for you. They make note that the pulley is two screws for the Seagull and 4 for the Anzani.. all else is the same. Good to see they pull out dents by either welding and pulling or drilling and pulling. This is made in Rybinsk? They have checked Bruce's YouTube!

VOLGAR-9.9 / 15/18 (Motogolovki and motors)

Moscow time 7:02:57
Your local time 14:03:14
Vladivostok Standard Time 14:02:57
Index | Home | New Topic | Go to Topic | Search | Search by date | Login | At the end of the threads Next Topic | Previous Topic
Photo of "The Seagull"
Author: Sportist (---.42.pppoe.mari-el.ru)
Date: 18-10-10 4:47

It seems to be such a topic was not. Amazingly beautiful, ahead of time the motor.

Reply to this message

Attached Images, 126 Kb

Thank Forum - I have a farm bred two of "The Seagull." Plan to restore both to the original state. The truth is no one on the half native carburetor - someone that will advise what to put?

Reply to this message

Ignition done excellently compared with ML-10 - the most powerful pressure spring, no small replacement parts. on the flywheel magnet FOUR

Reply to this message

Piston looks very funny

Reply to this message

Management inlet - spool, but acts as a spool pin crankshaft. Moreover, it is hollow - within it by the mixture fed to the crank chamber. Lower sleeve crankshaft monstrous width

Reply to this message

Attached Images, 50 Kb

Light-alloy connecting rod, not the magnet. No rolling elements at the bottom of the head is not visible - what type of bearing is unclear. Disassemble not raise his hand - keep the default PUNCHING. Although there is significant backlash hand - I think within 0.1 - 0.2 mm has not yet decided whether or not due to him, and how to disassemble the unit removed.

Reply to this message

Cylinder in "The Seagull" is completely cast iron. Motor is made with a huge margin of safety - in comparison with the shaky pins cylinder classmate - "Salute" a matter of respect. Once again, convinced that for fifty years in the design of low power PLM fundamental changes have taken place - to put ECZ, carb from the trimmer and ride.

Reply to this message

Attached Images, 104 Kb

Here at last photo almost untrodden "Seagull" - is a veteran in the garage, his eighth decade. Alas, neither sell nor give does not want to. A pity ...

Reply to this message

This motor is in my grandfather's pictures only 50s preserved wooden boat had just been. Neither the cauldron, the progress has not happened. It looks like the engine is designed and made for a very long life, at such a tour around the world can go ...

Sportist and tea is not the case in our town was taken? Do you one more question as to the amateur vintage engines. Restores Kazanets LM 1 in my opinion, so there are no stoppers on proshne in the grooves under piston rings as rings is prevented from rotating during work and getting into the blowing box?

Reply to this message

Seagull Aleks71 first sent from Moscow. Second Bober from Rybinsk - the birthplace of all the seagulls. Kazantsev alas no idea. By stoppers - mass 2m engines does not have those - half small Moscow, all mopeds with engine D-5, D-6 and D-8. etc. Ring when the engine does not turn - it is easy to check - twist inserted into the cylinder piston with rings around its axis - rings remain in place, and the piston can rotate as many - if he essno without stops. The main thing in the assembly to deploy ring locks so that they (locks) do not fall into the zone of the purge / vent windows - so I'm always the first revolution of the crankshaft after the assembly are made by hand - if the sharply increased torsional rigidity - something is wrong.

Reply to this message

My, miraculously survived !!!

Reply to this message
ttached Images, 62 Kb

1965 ...
Reply to this message

Totzhe year!

That's how her grandfather then repaired ... or kind of makes that repaired ... (this is every man his whims). At least, he has always worked motor !!!

Reply to this message

That's how she dragged the boat-chipped! Horseradish hijacking!

Reply to this message

Cool! I did not even know about such a motor.
I've been planning to have a 80-year-old fisherman asked 2 arrows. I saw when I was little, he takes them out of the house of his deceased relative. Most likely it is their true Collate cogs and all that could be used to repair the wind, but little if. And then, too, a rarity want, all the same Moscow and Forelle compared with arrows are not that rarities.

Reply to this message

Class! For old scans thanks - I collect them too.

++ All that could be used to repair a breeze +++

carba anything except just will not do. so do not worry :) Well you can still sparking Arrows man up to 2 cylinders

Reply to this message

Carb on wind nizya put strelovsky. Sportist thanks for the Old in the ring. will collect no stoppers but still like that of points, stoppers ride :) tea we sold for a thousand rubles a month ago, and ran nevzyal and caught fire right now so you will find now FIG.

Reply to this message

Light alloy rod in Seagull, "from duralumin punching," according to its manual. No rolling elements are not there.

Reply to this message

Exactly. And the backlash in the main bearing can not be selected. So - to score

Reply to this message

hanging in a museum in Myshkin

Reply to this message

Well, not really, and actually ahead. A copy of the British Anzani-Pilot 1948. In the first photo the farm has cooled. In the original, there is an interesting eccentric pump.

Reply to this message

but how beautiful! the second cooling native - the first is not yet understood.

Reply to this message

There is not clear why the collective farms ... there is nothing to break, and "impeller-gum" can be cut and the most suitable thickness of the rubber for 10 minutes ... Apparently there is not a native tree, samotochenny, no cam that moves the gum ... Sergey open pump ... I wonder what the collective farms ...

Reply to this message

Yes, I took the pump - and with its propeller shaft housing that does not want to appear ... yet scored - on operations with the head turned. even look immediately evident that this zakolhozhennaya Seagull went goraaazdo greater than the second, which is next to the photo. I thought that I was the first shot at it flywheel - and contacts do not intercourse. Tomorrow I will look into the pump - the most interesting ...

Reply to this message

Interesting pictures ... 4 bolts holding the plate run - is collective or not? all I had seen was 2 ...

Reply to this message

Re: Photos of "The Seagull"
Probably still farm

Reply to this message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzhfS6Zo ... r_embedded

Reply to this message

Rokotov!
Hey, where are you ??? you take them
In terms -fotki.

Reply to this message

Looking at the photos I have a question, that was a seagull in a version with a long leg? The photo Sportist where both together is clearly a long-legged. Or it is folk art?

Reply to this message

On the Internet, all in bulk, I just cripple a lot of time, if you try and even more in the search engine Ask the right task, you can find a well, almost everything. :)

Reply to this message

Yes, Gulls were different - but in a version with a short leg - especially for kayakers. I have one just like that.

Reply to this message

Roars not be so about himself !!!

Reply to this message

By number mzhno determine the year of manufacture?

Reply to this message

> Yes, Gulls were different - but in a version with a short leg -> especially for kayakers. I have one just like that.
Wow ... That is because the Soviet government took care of the workers. That way Seagull or Boom and version SailPower have somebody there :))

Reply to this message

Date: 20-10-10 23:52

Roars not be so about himself !!! >>>

Probably can not, but I really disabled, the word some alien. :)

Reply to this message

Roars cripples many among healthy desisexyboy who do not live there and, as you live!
Reply to this message

Yes, I live at least try :)

Reply to this message

Live and try and help all favorite thing everyday nevzgovam.s Sincerely Tosik.

Reply to this message

Thank you!

Reply to this message

Author: Grigorii (62.5.220 .---)
Colleagues, half an hour ago he won the perfectly preserved Gulls. Ee photos from the previous owner here: harly.narod.ru/chayka.html serial number ML20B12294. Not enough thrust bearing clamp and unoriginal top cover of the carburetor. Compression is good, there is no spark and feel a big gap in the gear wheel. Of course in the near future will be completely disassembled for bringing to the faithful to the original new condition and general pokraski.V just in case another looking for parts.

Reply to this message

Congratulations, that he wanted to buy a Seagull, but something felt sorry for money - where my third? Thrust bearing clamp or less turner will make in 15 minutes - I was in that time machined on the model, one was not there.

Reply to this message

> Naturally soon
> Time will completely disassemble to adjust to the maximum
> Close to original condition and new paint.
+++ I doubt very much that the copy needs to be painted.
Painting can be a deal-breaker (easily).
I do not collector (though how you look, go for motors in 1972, 75 and 77 years of release:-)), but it is not rarities it go. ), But it was necessary to carry out orders collectors (Russian and foreign) to restore Mechanics Automotive rarities. Especially nemchura choosy for painting. Hardly that - nose gate ...

Reply to this message

> Probably still farm

Gulls on the prototype - British Anzani Pilot was just 4 bolts startup disk.

Reply to this message

> I doubt very much that the copy needs to be painted.
He needs painting, tank and frame, other parts originally unpainted. Tank must be glued takzhe6 new label with a seagull, the original too shabby About painting I agree with you, if the paint is necessary to ensure compliance with the original 99%. With Seagull is a snap.
Reply to this message

And the plan to paint? the name of the color and brand of paint?

Reply to this message

Sergey, I do not know yet. With black as I understand it will be no problem, NC-11dumayu, and with silver to the tank is necessary to study the question. I bought it as a auto shop acrylic silver paint in the can, she had very similar and without gloss. And what was painted in the original, you have any thoughts on this? The second problem-tank on two dents. Ustanyat'll be sure and really do not want to do this putty. Is there any way to rectify them?

Reply to this message

I have one too dented tank - inside drilled a hole of 10 mm, and will squeeze out - until done. Metal terribly thin - almost crumpled by hand on the boom :( tank twice as thick. No fillers difficult to manage - you can try opayat solder and then vyshkurit? I do not digest Cartridges - once bought a Chinese compressor 3 thousand. And closed question painting. And in general a good thing - wheel pump, carburetors to blow ...

Reply to this message

No other way, or make a new tank

Reply to this message

Upload pictures of tank dents may prompt as little blood without drill ................

Reply to this message

I have a dent without sverlovik was not correct - or semi-automatic welded wire and pull it. Decided to drill - so reliable

Reply to this message

Did tank sidekick, right now, this theme has seen ottut: //debarkader.at.ua/forum/2-2-1 karoch see I can not put foty

Reply to this message

Photos tonight will try to do. Drilling until the arm is lying .... At the weekend I will try to hang on and make dinghy. Then begin to disassemble. Sportist-Sergei that labels do? Order where cutting plotter can be engaged in, or they do not make multi-colored?

Reply to this message

There Tipo and about pictures was posotritie

Reply to this message

Author: Sportist (---.0.relinfo.ru)
Pictures yet dull - there is one clue if done immediately show ...

Reply to this message

> There Tipo and about the pictures was posotritie
Thank you for the interesting link. There in particular are encouraged to use stickers with serigraphy. I called for the interest in one office, yes indeed make multicolored label,
but the minimum order is 5,000 rubles. For this purpose, it is too much.

Reply to this message

Author: Kfz 251 (94.76.95 .---)
Date: 10/10/22 1:31

Please! But there etaga type host club itself did so! I'm near them sechas in work and tipaeto see how they currently build and paint Call prop can make the picture and you!

Reply to this message

> It seems to be such a topic was not. Amazingly beautiful, ahead
> While the motor.

Shit motor deshovke. In what place ahead of time?
Aluminium rod working on steel, aviation drip lubrication, it is simply pipets. This Resur the main assembly of the engine for a few hours., After replacement of a rod in the best case.
Took and increased model aircraft engine.
Look for engines OMC those years, and see the difference.

And as history, certainly interesting.

Reply to this message

Probably already sitting and waiting ... Vadimka than it Chaykovody fling ... Catch a masochist ... from me until myagenko boots .... Sportist now add bricks .... (Resource few hours and you're my friend ??? motor saw something in his eyes that would have to judge ...? !!!!!!!!!)

Reply to this message

The film is about the restoration of Anzani Pilot in Australia: youtube.com/watch?v=BRuMQd5Xb60&NR=1

Reply to this message

Super ....... had ideas for painting your .....

Reply to this message

Took +++ and increased model aircraft engine. +++

Water cooled, cast iron cylinder and fins on the issue ??? oh well ...

Reply to this message

Moreover, it is hollow - within it by the mixture fed to the crank chamber.

So what?
This is not difficult.
Sergey.
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Quiz?

It failed for me in that not even a fair go from the start.

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
notav8

Post by notav8 »

I don't know if its just me, but I am having trouble deciphering this. :?
Cheers