summertime

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

basin-boy

summertime

Post by basin-boy »

Hi all,
it's summer again here and once again time to scratch the head over this number. Not sure about the brand, someone suggested Anzani, but there don't appear to be any Id markings anywhere.

I'd really appreciate any basic info about it and a manual would be gold! Here's another couple of pics. That's an ignition advance/retard lever under the flywheel.

Cheers from the basin!
Oyster 49

Re: summertime

Post by Oyster 49 »

At first I thought it was a Coventry Apex, or even one of the larger Mallards, but I'm not so sure. Rick UK might be the man to answer this. It looks like it is in good order though :P
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

It looks Australian, ask Bruce.

Who's carb & ignition?
Are the threads metric or imperial?

It has some interesting features for a low volume product, Variable timing, is that rotary valve induction.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
RickUK

Post by RickUK »

No Idea, but as Charles says it has some interesting features - I like the top exhaust fixing and the water pump connection - has Amal carb and lever, but that doesn't say much- certain it's not UK origin and does have an Australian flavour - must have some kind of rotary valve with the carb onto the crankcase. Rick.
Stelios_Rjk

Post by Stelios_Rjk »

Could we have some more pictures from the tank and tank cap? Looks like one I have in my hands.
I love the 10600/145 turns!!!
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

Lucky with this.

I have one still being rebuilt.

Australian wee darling in that a Riptide Boatman.

It looks A1.

Be careful how you go with this in that please do not pull it completely apart unless absolutely required. Serious with that.

Saying that, it looks really sweet as it stands.

Colours are all correct

Let us know how you fair and PM me anytime about it.

Note well that the bottom end and water pump (Aluminium Impellor) is/are very delicate. Also the cav plate is made so thin so do not use a hammer ever after undoing the set screws.

Nothing heavy handed down there. If necessary, a lot of patience is required.

NICE!

Could I please have any numbers on it?

Maybe some other pics?

The carb is not Amal.............they never were. Australian S.P.C. is the correct one which this one has.

Done very Well! once again.

B

One of these has been posted before on this site. Short memories are accepted but anything from down here is forgotten very quickly. Look up some of my older posts re this.
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
basin-boy

Post by basin-boy »

Oh....
That info puts a different light on things. I was just after a little outbourd to push my tinny around for a bit of fishing. The motor was a gift from an old friend who has since passed away, it sparks good memories of him for me. I had hoped to get it running and usable, but not having a set of spanners in a velvet lined case in the 'bull at a gate' workshop, it might be better for the motor to pass on to someone who can do the work properly and appreciate what it is. I'll give it some thought....
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

I did not want to scare you away, really.

It is old yes but in outstanding condition by the looks.

Give it a go if you feel up to it. Nice wee motor if you can.

They are few and far between like this but really not worth a fortune. Just An Old Dear in somewhat nice condition.

Have a thort as you will as if you are not able to care for it....................others can give it a good home.

This is NOT an offer to aquire from you by the way.

Let us know what you have in mind by all means.

Regards

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
basin-boy

Post by basin-boy »

Are there any resources available? Spark plug numbers, fuel mix ratio, specs on critical dimensions, workshop manual??? Or am I starting from scratch?