I think its German

Talk about interesting old outboards which aren't Seagulls here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

shistlepot

I think its German

Post by shistlepot »

I have been given this outboard for the price of 6 Cuppacinos from an old gentleman who said he got it from his neighbour who bought it back from
overseas. The old gentleman thought it was a Japanese outboard, but on close inspection I found it had Bosch spark plugs, a bing carby which are fitted to
most german mopeds and BMW bikes, and the way they spell Stopp.there are casting numbers on all parts but they do not ID the Motor.The colour scheme
is the same as the early Stihl chainsaws i.e.Orange , beige and black.Unfortunately it has no cover or gear box guts.There is a wierd plastic mount with rubber
thread inside which I can't figure out what its function is.I don't think the motor has been used. Perhaps some of the members from Deutschland can ID it.

Cheers Ed
Last edited by shistlepot on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shistlepot

Re: I think its German

Post by shistlepot »

here are the pics
Attachments
Outboard Motors 004.jpg
Outboard Motors 003.jpg
Outboard Motors 002.jpg
Outboard Motors 001.jpg
Collector Inspector

Post by Collector Inspector »

For some reason I keep thinking Penta but the lower unit does not fit with any literature that I have.

Would like to know what it is myself.

B
A chicken is one egg's way of becoming others
shistlepot

Post by shistlepot »

I forgot to mention it also has an external Bing fuel pump, and on the steering arm that covered the end of the pipe is a plug which has
a Magura logo. This turns out to be a manufacturer of excelerater cables and controllers.
Ed