The Second Bruny Classic

Racing a Seagull? Got an event planned? Race announcements, results, mods and the boats here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Charles uk

Re: The Second Bruny Classic

Post by Charles uk »

That's why virtually every Seagull racer uses an extended tiller arm, it give the ability to sit in the best position to balance the boat for the best speed, & the tiller arm can be left on the floor or sat on without losing control.

Almost all racers use a GPS to find the best seating position, it can be worth more than 1 mph without touching the throttle!
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Adrian Dale

Re: The Second Bruny Classic

Post by Adrian Dale »

This what you mean Charles? Actually I did move around a bit but the most comfortable spot was on the aft stboard quarter. I appreciated this was not the quickest possi but with 15 hours of sitting it was the most relaxing. Also with the Good Intent always behind there was no point rushing.

GPS did give large speed differences not only from seating/standing position with speed over 6 knots at some points surfing down waves

If you fancy a race around Bruny Charles, I will fix you up with a boat and we can go head to head!!! like the idea? Just need to supply an engine, auxiliary tanks and other necessaries can be sorted here. I suggest next late summer 2016 in Tassi.. and while we are at it, why not make it an open invitation? Not sure where I will get the boats yet but if there is interest I will start making enquires!!

AJ
Attachments
A bit of surfing
A bit of surfing