Lerryn Seagull Race 2012

Racing a Seagull? Got an event planned? Race announcements, results, mods and the boats here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

rosbullterier

Re: Lerryn Seagull Race 2012

Post by rosbullterier »

Well Allan, Captain Slow is having our trophy engraved as we speak . . .
Ahh next year - hope there will enough time to build that 11.99' special to thrash you south east pretenders.
Did you ogle the line up of 170's and racing hulls? What a disaster they were!!
Don't know what happened to the Philps team - team prize went to unknown!
We'll have to see about Richards mob getting that paddle back
- long as I get that big shield . . .
Philpy

Post by Philpy »

Our 3rd boat had trouble, throttle cable snapped!
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

rosbullterier wrote: Ahh next year - hope there will enough time to build that 11.99' special to thrash you south east pretenders.
. . .
Just looked Andy "The next Seagull Race will be on Monday, 30th December, 2013 in the afternoon".

That gives us over a year to work on something special, now that you lot are admitting to using 170s I may retire my Century and bring out the big guns. How would twin Kingfishers go on a light 11.999 footer. 12 hp would make it go, but I may get told off again. :wink:

H-A
Oyster 49

Post by Oyster 49 »

I think this pic is the best :D Seagull owners walk on water 8)
Attachments
surfers.jpg
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

That is a great picture, those guys show true British Grit. My wife spoke to them at the end and they said they could hardly walk as they had their feet in the water most of the way round.

They won the "Spirit of the event "prize.

Well done lads, but they were slow :wink:

H-A
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Now then Allen, (at risk of being ostracised from the site) my good mate xxxxxxxx is waiting ready in the wings with blueprints of a full race rig.

Of course you will need to be very rich nowadays to fit 170's or Kingfishers.

And what is more you will need a very long pair of powered waders to get out of the mud after not knowing how quickly the tide goes out. Or which side of the buoy to steer!

Anyway where is that plaque and where were you when I was standing in the wings without a pint?

- now I'll look at that picture . . .

ps was the next years date on the Lerryn site? Amazing!
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Andy I may need to answer your questions in list form, hope I do not get confused with your aforementioned mate :lol:

1. you do not need to be rich to use Kingfishers or 170s, you just need to buy wisely. I have a couple that are less shiny than the others so will be able to use them in the salt, I will not be using the one that is still stood by the side of my bed ( she refuses to dust that one) as it is too nice to run, but makes me smile when I get up in the morning.

2. I now after 5 years know where the mud is, but am still unable to get to the pub early enough for more than 1 pint before the tide goes out.
I may have squeezed two pints in , but wasted lots of valuable time pushing out your stuck truck. :)

3. I left the very large trophy that I have won for the last three years on the pub wall where it lives. My wife is fed up dusting it, and now I have a flat screen TV it won't sit on top.

4. I would have bought you a pint of Doom Bar Andy, but if you look back through the last few years posts, you actually owe me a pint. :wink:

5. Yes next years race date was on the Lerryn.net site, also The Summer Solstice event will be on Saturday 22nd June, 2013, so you could buy me a pint then if I make it down for pre race training camp.

Hope you can make it to Hayling Andy.

H-A
rosbullterier

Post by rosbullterier »

Next June and December seem a long way forward but when you are extremely old like wot I am I know they aren't.
Well - didn't see the trophy but haven't been in the pub since and this Saturday, usually my Lerryn wall building day I'm on a 9 to 5.30 VHF ship to shore course to possibly get the lifeboat out when the engines stop. (Virgin run Calstock to Fowey)
Oh the ignominy. . .
Horsley-Anarak

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

Got my VHF ticket, not hard to do, Over

Don't get you Foxtrots mixed up with Tangos.

Never say "over and out" they hate that. :)

H-A