Sydney Classic Boat Festival

Racing a Seagull? Got an event planned? Race announcements, results, mods and the boats here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Buzzook

Sydney Classic Boat Festival

Post by Buzzook »

Hi, all

Just a reminder that the Oz Seagull Owners will have our stand at the Sydney Classic Boat Festival at the Australian National Maritime Museum on 13-14th October 2013.

Loads of classic boats, watercraft and motors - eg: US!!

So if you are or can be in Sydney the weekend after next, drop in and say g'day!

Cheers
Mark

PS: Need assistants for the stand. Free entry possible for volunteers. PM me for details.
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
Chilli Dog

Re: Sydney Classic Boat Festival

Post by Chilli Dog »

Good luck with the show , look forward to see pics of your stand .
Chilli Dog Racing
Buzzook

Post by Buzzook »

Thanks C-D, looks like it will be wet for the set-up tomorrow, but "showers easing" on Sat and clearer on Sun.

I now have two volunteers for Saturday, but only one for Sunday, so if anyone wants a cheap day out, call me on Sunday morning and I can get you into the event as an 'Exhibitor'.

Should be a good show and at leat it won't be too hot! lol
gullible, a. The effect on reason of the appearance of anything 'Gull-related on an internet sales site
Buzzook

Post by Buzzook »

Well, as predicted, the set-up day was foul - howling wind and pouring rain.

And that blighter Murphy dictated that no sooner had we finished erecting the stand and got the roof on it - the rain stopped. Grrrrrr....

But we had a good time over the weekend as it was fine and sunny both days, with a good crownd and lots of interest in the Seagulls, even though we only had one on the display, we fired it up regularly - first pull every time, much to the amazement of some members of the public!

Alas, I forgot to take pics.....doh!