1939 Camper Nicholson

Talk about and buy or sell boats that are suited to Seagull outboards here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

BillyKnight

1939 Camper Nicholson

Post by BillyKnight »

Hello,

some of you may know me from Southampton with my little yacht Sard, pictured a few years ago at the Isle of Wight with a silver century on the back. I have been buying bits and pieces from John for a long time but haven't needed much lately as been using a Honda 5hp four stroke which is horribly ugly and heavy but has the advantage of reverse, DC charging and is so smooth and quiet. Also nice not to have to fuel it up on the go..

The boat is now out of the water having a little refit which is pleasant wioth the good weather we are having.

My Father had a Westerly Centaur with an Avon redcrest as a tender, plus a lilttle 40 minus with clutch which he bought new in London in 1980, its still going strong out in New Zealand!

I have a simlar 40 minus but a bit older and no clutch, but in much better nick which I use on the dinghy, and also a 1943 SD long shaft that I plan to use on Sard for day trips, that Honda is too heavy, great for a few days away but just to get off the moring and back on you can't beat the seagull, and it just looks so lovely.
Great little motors!
Best wishes to you all,
Billy.
Attachments
sard.jpg
chris

Re: 1939 Camper Nicholson

Post by chris »

nice boat, I want it