Racing on a budget

Talk about and buy or sell boats that are suited to Seagull outboards here

Moderators: John@sos, charlesp, Charles uk, RickUK, Petergalileo

Horsley-Anarak

Racing on a budget

Post by Horsley-Anarak »

This has to be one of the cheapest boats ever.
Enterprise.jpg
Popped over to see Charles L today to help pick up the new project.

It is a fibreglass Enterprise Dinghy. A little tatty but worth making seaworthy.

Charles had the idea that this would make a great spare boat to lend out for the Hayling Marathon.

Bit of resin and mat, lick of paint. Should go well.

It has a bit of rocker, but should be fine.

My first ever trip with a seagull was in the early seventies, in my Fathers Enterprise.

There is also a short film on Youtube showing the same hull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNwwKTYt ... re=related

Watch this space.

H-A
livewire

Re: Racing on a budget

Post by livewire »

Charles had told me about this vessel, pleased it worked out well for you.

Watched the video link you posted, looked like he was using the painter to start the engine. Was long enough.

Also noticed another video of the same set up, put a smile on the womans face although the dog and lad don't look impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwzJOese ... re=related
Charles uk

Post by Charles uk »

Buying a spare boat seemed the ideal way of thanking people like the Dutchmen who might like, not having to pay the ferry charges when they want to do the Hayling Marathon.

One of our very kind members has offered us the use of some waterside storage in the Portsmouth area but we don't have a trailer as yet, so if any of you have a trailer that will take a 13" 4 boat that is surplus to requirements, we would be more than willing to provide it a new home.

These are quite an old hull nowadays & many of the inland sailing clubs seem to have a fibreglass one in their boat parks, that the rigging has been used for spares on other hulls & is now just taking up space, I was offered 2 the last time I went looking, both needed some GRP work & they were asking £25 each. Almost within my budget.
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
woodbutchergraham

Post by woodbutchergraham »

Charles I’m sure with your haggling skills you could work on £25 for the pair try BOGOF (buy one get one free)
Life is what you make it, and what you make could change your life.